About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Hybrid: We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Associate Consultant, Model Monitoring and Implementation is a key member of Model Strategy & Data Analytics team and will have responsibility for acting as an individual contributor role in the model monitoring and Implementation for PPNR, Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Market Risk models. The role will cover several aspects of model lifecycle including monitoring, recalibration, and Implementation. The position will also include the developing/maintaining monitoring tools in SAS for CCAR, Basel, CECL.
Job title: Senior Analyst/Associate Consultant, Risk Analytics - Model Monitoring
Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Monitor/Recalibrate/Implementation of CCAR models (PD/EAD/LGD) , CECL models (PD/EAD/LGD), Basel models (PD/EAD/LGD), operational risk analytics models ( capital models, AMA model) and PPNR models
• Evaluates existing monitoring tool in relation to corporate objectives and industry leading practices. Assesses development needs and manages process to achieve desired future state
• Provides technical/theoretical expertise to resolve issues and enhance overall risk framework and works with model owners to update model monitoring tool
• Ensure monitoring process following different regulations (CCAR, CECL, BASEL, IFRS9)
• Conducts analysis, independently ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or senior management.
• Strong BASEL, CCAR, DFAST, CECL, SR-11/7 understanding. Strong regulatory understanding
• 2+ years of hands on monitoring/validation/model building experience
• Strong conceptual and technical knowledge of risk concepts and quantitative modelling techniques including familiarity with statistical concepts used in stress testing.
• Strong in quantitative skills - experience in model validation a plus
• Experience in R, SAS, Matlab, advanced Excel techniques and VBA programming. SAS is preferred
• Good Multi-tasking skills. Ability to quickly assimilate & comprehend information and deliver within strict deadlines
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural and global environment
• Related Industry qualification (e.g., CFA, FRM) a plus
• Master in Statistics/Economics/Mathematics/advanced degree in quant area
• Or B.tech. From tier 1 college with MBA in related field
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.