About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
The Regulatory Reporting Analyst is responsible for the processing and submission of Improved European Client Regulation Reporting ("ECRR Reporting") to clients, their intermediaries and Columbia Threadneedle Investments Sales and Distribution Teams and for quality assurance of data included in industry standard reporting templates.
This role is ideal for an analyst experienced in reporting, proficient at analysing and interpreting reporting requirements and prioritising a fast paced and diverse workload. Role Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Key Capabilities To be successful in this role you will have....
- Produce monthly, quarterly and occasional ad-hoc reporting to agreed timescales for all ECRR and Fund Detail Reporting across the Ameriprise Financial, Inc. group of companies. Ensure that all regulatory reporting is performed to the highest quality and in line with the Regulatory Reporting Standards.
- Build and maintain Subject Matter Expertise in the following areas of regulatory reporting as defined in the annual goal setting and review process (Industry standard templates published by FinDatEx ; Money Market Fund and Alternative Investment Fund Directive reporting ; use of CSS Group's Accudelta, Consensus and Silverfinch systems to produce and disseminate reporting ; German Financial Industry enhanced visibility requirements).
- Ensure the process for end-to-end delivery of selected areas of regulatory reporting (including content supplied by other teams to the Regulatory Reporting team) is robust and controlled. Maintain Operating Model documentation, process, procedure risk and control documentation and critical metrics to support this. Supply towards further streamlining of and risk mitigation of regulatory reporting processes.
- Research, supervise and assess the impact of business changes (e.g. corporate entity change, new instrument types, new products, new clients) and regulatory change (e.g. FinDatEx revisions ; notifications from Regulatory Change, GCO or Distribution ; industry groups and publications) on selected areas of regulatory reporting.
- Build and maintain operator level capability in selected areas of regulatory reporting from the following list (EMIR ; Enhanced Takeover Reporting ; Form CPO-PQR ; Form PF ; Issuer Holding Requests ; Large Holding Reporting ; MIFID II Trade and Transaction; Section 13 ; Short Selling) and its applicability to Columbia Threadneedle Investments.
Desired Capabilities If you also had this, it would be great....
- A self-starter - motivated and able to act on own initiative. Enthusiastic.
- Approachable and able to work with people at all levels in the organisation.
- A phenomenal teammate: able to empower & chip in to and or lead effective teams.
- Inquisitive, with good logical, analytical, and diagnostic skills.
- Pro-active, owns and resolves issues; has a strong attention to detail.
- Able to deliver to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining quality.
- Good, proven understanding of the Microsoft Office suite.
- AIFMD, MMFR and industry templates published by FinDatEx would be helpful
- Strong understanding of regulations and direct experience of monitoring and disclosure processes.
- Good understanding of instruments (equities, fixed income and derivatives) and products (OEICs, Life/Pension Funds, Hedge Funds)
- Meticulous eye for detail (e.g. for checking disclosures, reading regulations).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to handle a variable workload with a variety of deadlines.
- IMC or similar qualification.
- A sound knowledge of Investment Management processes