10 (for internal purposes only) The Team:
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the world's leading price reporting organization as it strengthens and grows its presence across the European battery metal s supply chain . Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. The EMEA metals pricing team is a dynamic and expanding team responsible for key pricing benchmarks across the region. The Impact:
We are seeking a senior price reporter with metals market experience, able to drive our pricing coverage in Europe. The successful candidate will be part of a global team and possess knowledge of market intelligence-gathering activities and assessing prices, applying Commodity Insights methodology. This individual must be comfortable writing about pricing information and interpreting data. The candidate will be considered a subject matter expert in the metals industry; being a team player is of utmost importance in this role. What's in it for you:
- Opportunities to represent Commodity Insights at industry events, face-to-face meetings, presenting at conferences, webinars, podcasts or other interviews and to further develop Commodity Insights as a significant presence in the battery raw material commodity space
- Energy transition metals and critical raw materials are key areas of focus for our company, so success in this role will be noted by key corporate decision-makers
- Assist in identifying, developing and executing assessment opportunities to drive growth in the metals markets
What We're Looking For:
- Primary responsibility will be reporting on daily trading activity in European non-ferrous markets . This will include sharing pricing information in real time, producing analysis of market pricing and trends during the course of coverage and assessing markets based on physical bids, offers and traded information in line with our published methodologies.
- Writing copy, producing graphics and publishing data explaining the trends driving prices and the reasons why we have assessed the price where we have is a part of the daily process. Our metals teams in Asia, Europe and the US are in frequent contact throughout each business day, as the regional markets are influenced and impacted by trading activity and price levels in other regions.
- Secondary responsibilities will include mentoring and training team members, managing and building our database of contacts, identifying opportunities to improve our methodology or launch new assessments and representing Commodity Insights at industry events such as conferences or in face-to-face meetings -- further establishing Commodity Insights as a leading presence in the metals commodity space.
- The candidate also will have opportunities to present at conferences, conduct webinars and podcasts or external media interviews.
- The candidate may be called on to assist with creating or editing content for other Commodity Insights metals publications, as well.
- BA degree; journalism, economics or business preferred
- Minimum of 2 years reporting/writing/analytical or editorial experience
- Strong numeracy skills including ability to understand the basic principles of algebra and statistics as well as ability to apply basic maths functions in Excel
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of role types and personalities, internally and externally
- Fluent in English
- Excellent English writing skills
About S&P Global Commodity Insights
- Experience of physical metal markets
- Multi-lingual skills an advantage
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/commodity-insights/en
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
286737 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom