About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
In this role you will be part of the Global Investment Office, with the primary responsibility to support the Global Chief Investment Officer (CIO). This role will work closely with the Executive Assistants to the Global and EMEA Chief Investment Officers and be the key contact person and central entry point for their requirements. Your main responsibilities will include the delivery of periodic and ad-hoc requests, including the production of reports, presentations and committee papers, and contribute towards Investments projects and initiatives. Role Responsibilities How you'll spend your time:
Key Capabilities To be successful in this role you will have:
- Support the Global CIO and Senior Investment Management Team across the Global Asset Management division through:
- Prepare for, and participate in, various committee and Senior Manager Meetings. Take minutes when required and tracking and completion of actions and tasks either assigned to or by the Chief Investment Officer;
- Lead and support Investment projects and initiatives, by generating ideas and materials and conducting research. The role is effectively considered an active and contributing part of the Investment management team.
- Preparation of materials for external media briefings and client events and prepare thought pieces on behalf of the Global CIO.
- Facilitate the communication and coordination between the Global CIO and his Senior Leaders as well as the broader Investment department including Ameriprise and Global Asset Management colleagues. Ensuring consistency of communications, timeliness of delivery and suitable understanding of all relevant parties of requirements and expectations.
- This position should be able to take the initiative to ensure the CIO's decisions and preferences made are consistently carried across the remainder of the business, enhancing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Represent the Global CIO Office and the Investment department firm-wide, particularly on assigned cross-functional projects, ensuring appropriate voicing of the CIO's interests and expectations and the selective briefing of the CIO on non-Investment matters of concern.
- Discretion with confidential information
- A self-starter and team-player who is organised and able to prioritise between conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent stakeholder management, working with people across Global Investments and the wider business.
- Resilient and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong with MS Word/Power Point, Excel
- Articulate with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Confident and comfortable with senior management
- Capable of capturing and summarizing relevant information