At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
The Investment Data & Reporting Services function deliver investment data services for M&G plc, our customers and the regulators. This role represents an exciting opportunity to be part of the Asset Valuations function.
This team is focussed on the assurance and delivery of accurate and timely pricing and valuation for an extensive range of liquid and hard to value asset classes used for investment management, client and regulatory reporting, risk and performance purposes.
The successful candidate will work well both as part of a team and independently having strong valuation experience across asset classes and recognise the need to operate and deliver appropriate controls to ensure a robust and controlled environment. Key Responsibilities:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Execution of quality controls ensuring that valuations in the Accounting Book of Record are accurate for usage by key stakeholders, such as Performance, Client Reporting and Solvency II Reporting.
- Execution of pricing controls ensuring that prices are managed and controlled appropriately.
- Execution of pricing activities undertaken by Securities Services organisation and Third Party Administrators.
- Deliver and drive further MI to the relevant business areas, clients, auditors, and valuation committees demonstrating the key risks, controls, and valuations across asset classes and fund ranges.
- Support the management of hard to value assets across the organisation, with a particular focus on private debt and equity, hedge funds, private equity funds and illiquid public assets.
- Execution to and adherence of the M&G valuation policies and understanding of the Valuation Governance environment.
- Liaising with key stakeholders including various investment desks in the Front Office, Credit Analysts, Risk and Compliance, Third Party Administrators, Valuation Committees, and Client and Regulatory Reporting functions.
- Supporting valuation-related client and audit queries.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G's operational risk.
- Produce recommendations and communicate these for improving business processes, which considers industry changes, client's expectations and regulatory obligations, business outcomes, benefits, and risks.
- Demonstrate strong valuation knowledge across all instrument types and experience in the validation of multiple books of records.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Takes pride in working to a high standard, and thrives within a changing environment, showing initiative, drive and ability.
- Good experience representing a valuations team, working with Auditors, Clients and risk functions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills - can summarise findings, themes and recommendations.
- Maintains a strong understanding of up-to-date industry best practices, with an exceptional understanding of data management practices within Financial organisations.
- Understanding of an Asset Management organisation.
- Proactive self-starter, with the ability to identify problems and follow them through to resolution.
- Take pride in working to a high standard in a dynamic environment.
- Appreciation and experience of the requirements of an operational control environment.
- Ability to generate and maintain positive relationships within the team and across the business.
- Experience of data visualisation tools such as Power BI.
- Good working knowledge of the Blackrock Aladdin system, especially the Aladdin Accounting module.
- Advanced Excel skills, with ability to use VBA.
- Knowledge of SQL.
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.