At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
The Data Management Team is responsible for delivering and overseeing business-critical data for stakeholders across a number of key applications.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to be part of the Technical Valuations team, focused on delivering accurate and timely pricing of hard-to-value assets with oversight responsibility for external vendor pricing feeds into the M&G investment platform, Aladdin. The successful candidate will be a strong team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to deliver to a high standard from the outset. Key Responsibilities:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Working alongside existing Pricing Team to manage transition of quoted asset pricing to external Securities Service provider with understanding of pricing activities that are to be retained in the team.
- Assisting with established processes in the Technical Valuations area, with a particular focus on hard-to-value assets such as private debt and equity, hedge funds, private equity funds, and illiquid public assets.
- Familiarisation of the M&G valuation policies and understanding of the Valuation Governance environment.
- Liaising with key stakeholders including various investment desks in the Front Office, Credit Analysts, Risk and Compliance, Third Party Administrators, Valuation Committees, and Client and Regulatory Reporting functions.
- Assisting with valuation-related client and audit queries where required
- Challenging current processes, driving change, proactively realising opportunities for improvements across the Technical Valuations team.
- Experience in a pricing role at an asset manager.
- Strong understanding of valuations for instruments across various asset classes (Fixed Income, Equities, ETD & OTC Derivatives, Leveraged Loans, Private Debt & Equity).
- Proactive self-starter, with the ability to identify problems and follow them through to resolution.
- Take pride in working to a high standard in a dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to record and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Understanding of the investment industry with good fund product knowledge.
- Appreciation and experience of the requirements of an operational control environment.
- Knowledge of financial and reference data (i.e. securities, position, transactions, funds, benchmarks).
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to work efficiently to set deadlines.
- Ability to generate and maintain positive relationships within the team and across the business.
- Good working knowledge of Bloomberg, Refinitiv, Aladdin.
- Knowledge of valuation accounting standards, including experience liaising with auditors.
- Advanced Excel skills, with ability to use VBA.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Experience of data visualisation tools such as Power BI.
- IMC or CFA Level 1
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.