Description About this role
BlackRock is the world's leading asset management firm and Aladdin is the central nervous system for investment professionals to see their whole portfolio, understand risk exposure, and act with precision. Aladdin is a $1BN technology business that has significant growth aspirations over the next five years. Our Multi-Asset business is a growth-engine for BlackRock, with aspirations to reach $1T in AUM. This role sits at the intersection of both and means working with the most resourceful in the industry to build innovative products that craft financial markets.
As a product manager for the Multi-Asset Solutions Lab, your chief responsibility will be delivering functionality across the Alpha Research platform to address MASS workflows. This role is core to advancing both the multi-manager OCIO business and models and solutions business. You'll work closely with the Multi-Asset Solutions and Aladdin Research product managers to define a product strategy for how analysts select, evaluate and track manager performance over time, as well as a strategy that reduces time from research to production. You will be responsible for defining a product roadmap that enables us to achieve that strategy, considering opportunities to MASS workflows to external Aladdin Clients. You will lead product increment planning to deliver on our objectives and ultimately drive product development through feature refinement. In this role, you will have opportunities to work with multi-asset investors to understand their workflows and these insights will help our team deliver outstanding research capabilities and a superb user experience. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual!
Desired Skills & Experience: (10- 12 years)
- Be responsible for the prioritization of the backlog, define requirements, map dependencies, mitigate development blockers, and collaborate with the Multi-Asset Solutions Lab and Alpha Engineering product and development teams (Aladdin Research, Alpha Model Platform, etc.) to define deployment strategy.
- Lead the cross-functional product, design, and development team to optimize delivery while supporting the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) for MASS workflows across Aladdin Alpha. Apply agile methodologies to ensure successful, frequent, and viable product releases to our users.
- Deeply understand our research analyst workflows, and how they fits into the broader MASS business, to improve core offerings. Lead user research and effectively engage with MASS investment community to acquire feedback that influences product roadmap and improves product value.
- Evangelize product value internally and externally while developing and leading key product relationships.
- Measure results and technical performance. Prioritize and lead product increments and set product roadmap to ensure delivery of set objectives and key results.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and competitor capabilities in the fast-evolving landscape, ultimately influencing product offerings and strategies.
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving, and planning skills, including the ability to balance opposing priorities
- Open, collaborative teammate, with the ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minim mentorship or support.
- Unbridled curiosity about understanding and solving problems. Curious and eager to learn new concepts quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across business and technology, with experience communicating and translating "technical speak" for partners across the organization.
- Commercial acuity to define business challenges into distinct components for resolution.
- Experience with iterative software development practices (such as Agile), and product management methodology. Familiarity with scaled agile frameworks, like SAFe, preferred.
- Basic familiarity with fundamental and systematic investment research concepts is desired.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.