About this role
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people achieve financial well-being! As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of Dec 31, 2021, the firm managed approximately $10.01 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
The Performance Measurement & Attribution team is responsible for the outcome and interpretation of all portfolio and benchmark return analytics in Blackrock. This includes generating analytical outcomes, supporting investment teams through product level support, acting as a centralized source and control of performance for the firm, and building tools and automated solutions.
Servicing the needs of the global client base, the demands for accurate, timely & informative performance data is central to many of the organizational core objectives. Products covered are the spectrum of Mutual Funds, ETF's, segregated clients and investment asset classes including Fixed Income, Multi-Asset, Equity and Alternative including derivatives.
Background and Development Value:
Do you want to build a foundation in performance, and learn to provide investment and technology solutions with purpose to help our clients meet their goals? As a member of PMA, take part in the story and take ownership as a domain expert. We are responsible for investment performance and attribution analysis globally across Fixed Income, Index Equity, Active Equity, and Multi-Asset strategies. You get to work with multiple business divisions, including the iShares Equity Product suite, Institutional Equity, Beta Strategies, and Fixed Income products. The team focuses on using technology and project management to improve existing processes to optimize data delivery.
• Build & maintain customized performance reporting based on client specifications using PERL, BIRT, Python, VBA & Power BI.
• Assist the team in retiring manual spreadsheet driven processes onto the BlackRock platform, using the latest & appropriate technologies available.
• Improve efficiency within PMA India team through automated quality control process modeling and implementation.
• Connect with global project partners and keeping ETAs accurate and clear.
• Display integrity and confidence when dealing with different teams - be open to take ownership and try to understand the data flows and dependencies.
• Mentor and coach team members on different tech tools & concepts which can help them resolve their day-to-day queries.
• Participate and lead different tech initiatives for efficiency and re-engineering.
• Act as first point of contact for day-to-day tech queries and issues.
• Have 3+ years of experience and proven track record of having excellent programming skills/experience with reporting frameworks like PERL, BIRT, Python, VBA & Power BI.
• Encouraged to learn new technologies related to report designing and ETL processes.
• Experience working with relational databases like SYBASE is a strong plus.
• Experience working in a global team is a plus
• Experience in Performance and Attribution function within Asset management industry is a plus.
• Graduated with a bachelor's degree/master's degree or foreign equivalent; prior experience with business modeling techniques and/or attribution tools (Agile & Scrum certifications is a plus).
• Show strong problem-solving skills, an ability to synthesize information, summarize issues, and take initiative.
• Keen interest in learning about Multi-Asset, Fixed Income and Equity instruments, and general performance principles is a plus.
• We pride ourselves on our team dynamic - we want an excellent communicator (verbal and written), who displays strong interpersonal interactions!
• Have a sharp control/risk mitigation mentality and are comfortable raising issues.
• Appreciate dynamic team environment with diverse approaches and thinking styles
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.