Position: Portfolio Manager II | Division: Wealth Mgmt Services | Grade: E07 Work Days: Monday - Friday | Hours of Operation: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Why Broadway Bank:
We are one of the largest independently owned banks in Texas with offerings in personal and private banking, wealth management, business banking and mortgage lending.
Our Broadway Bankers are empowered to drive innovation, grow their careers, and be their authentic selves, regardless of their background.
Purpose of the Position:
Incumbent is developing intermediate to advanced investment management skills. Manages a book of business of average size and complexity, though not likely to serve as the sole investment officer on a key relationship. May be required to handle a substantial amount of trading duties, and information management in support of the asset selection process in addition to participating fully in research, analysis, and submission of independently developed investment ideas. Maintains proficiency on systems needed to provide investment management support to BWSI. May be required to run reports using analytical applications and investment databases, monitoring, and to participate in maintaining investment performance measurement systems, preparing required internal reports, and drafting informational content for internal and external consumption. Collaborates with others in the division in business development efforts and other special projects.
- Participates fully in both a supporting role and as an independent contributor in the investment selection process as a member of the Asset Selection Committee.
- Performs routine daily securities and economic research as the basis for on-going investment decision-making.
- Monitors ratings/performance of mutual funds, identifies and reports relevant information to the CIO and other portfolio managers, and develops independent recommendations for consideration of the Asset Selection Committee.
- Keeps abreast of developments in all aspects of the financial markets and applies that knowledge appropriately.
- Performs trading-related duties as assigned.
- Makes investment decisions for assigned accounts regarding individual equities, fixed income securities, mutual funds, limited partnerships, unique assets, and any other financial assets within standard allocation parameters and seeks approval from CIO or CIO’s designee when other-than-standard parameters may be appropriate.
- Consults with account administrators and/or assigned clients to determine investment objectives and provide guidance and advice.
- Together or in close coordination with account administrator and/or senior PMs, meet periodically with clients to review investments, monitor performance and verify investment objectives.
- Serves as lead author on a rotational basis for periodic newsletters and ad hoc releases as assigned for internal and external audiences. Collaborates with others on same when not serving as lead author.
- Follows all policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
- Complete all assigned training timely.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to make objective, data-based decisions
- Problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness and ability to independently develop proficiency with multiple applications for investment research and analysis
- Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional investment management experience
- CFA charter or significant progress toward the CFA charter strongly preferred
- Education Requirements:
- Four - year college degree
We’re a culture that offers resources to benefit your overall health and well-being:
- Employee Impact Groups
- Career Development and Mentorship Programs
- Generous paid time off, minimum 4 weeks
- Employee recognition, awards, and events
- Free vision insurance
- Retirement matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- This job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Broadway Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Broadway Bank is a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace, with a nicotine-free hiring policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.