**Closing Date for Applications: Friday, 16 June 2023**
Summary of the role
With continued growth in its team, ISIF is seeking to hire up to four Investment Analysts which provides a unique opportunity for talented and motivated individuals to join a team tasked with the delivery of ISIF’s investment strategy and to gain exposure to the highest standards of the investment management industry. It is an ideal opportunity for high-calibre candidates with some professional experience to either transition into an investment-focused role or to further develop their investment skills and experience in a sovereign fund with a broad focus.
The role will offer exposure to a broad range of industries and asset classes including venture capital, growth equity, private equity and private credit. The role will have a high level of investment exposure from the outset, and successful candidates can expect to be an integral member of a team focused on one of the ISIF’s priority areas (i.e. Climate, Housing and Enabling Investments, Indigenous Businesses and Food and Agriculture). If candidates have a strong preference to focus on any particular area, they are free to note that when applying for the role.
In addition to on-the-job training and experience, successful candidates will benefit from ISIF’s Investor Development Programme which is designed to provide a range of training and development opportunities to support their professional and personal development. This is expected to include participation in external training courses on relevant finance and investment matters, personal development opportunities, an ability to participate in or leverage the training opportunities made available by global asset managers or banks that ISIF has relationships with and potential secondment opportunities with investees of ISIF.
ISIF’s Investor Development Programme will be three years in duration and successful candidates will join ISIF on a three-year fixed-term contract.
All members of the ISIF team are required to remain flexible to respond to the dynamic nature of the ISIF mandate – this may require team members to apply their skills to other types of investment, outside of their core areas of responsibility, from time to time.
Summary of the business
The National Treasury Management Agency (“NTMA”) provides asset and liability management services to the Irish Government. It has evolved from a single function agency managing the National Debt to a manager of a complex portfolio of public assets and liabilities. The Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (“ISIF”) is one of several businesses managed by the NTMA.
Working at the NTMA offers excellent benefits including:
- Hybrid work options
- An extensive wellbeing programme
- A diverse range of initiatives: LGBT+, Gender Matters, Disability Awareness, International & Multicultural Awareness Team (IMAT), Sports & Social, Volunteering and lots more
- Excellent learning and development opportunities that allow for full career development within the organisation
- Reimbursement of annual professional membership fees
- Career average defined benefit pension scheme
ISIF is Ireland’s sovereign development fund which invests on a commercial basis in a manner designed to support economic activity and employment in Ireland. ISIF’s strategy focuses on making transformational investments across its impact themes of Climate, Housing and Enabling Investments, Indigenous Businesses and Food and Agriculture. ISIF invests across a variety of sectors, instruments (e.g. equity or debt) and asset classes (e.g. venture capital, private equity).
See www.isif.ie for more detail.
The candidate will be required to work alongside Investment Managers and Directors across the full range of the ISIF’s investment activities. The principal responsibilities will include:
- Supporting all aspects of transactions (e.g. origination, execution, portfolio management)
- Producing high-quality and impactful investment papers
- Company and industry research
- Financial statement analysis, financial modelling and valuations
- Work collaboratively with clients, co-investors, partners, service providers and other intermediaries to create new opportunities and define innovative new proposals
- Project management of deal execution
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a third level qualification in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Scientific, Engineering or a related discipline
- Demonstrate a keen and well-informed interest in investment and/or in developing knowledge and expertise in investment
The role is open to all talented and motivated individuals interested in transitioning into an investment role or further developing their skills in that area. The ideal candidate will likely have 2 to 4 years of professional experience. Working in corporate finance, investment appraisal or experience of commercial or financial due diligence will be a distinct advantage.
- Problem solving and financial analysis skills
- Strong commercial acumen and a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excel modelling skills
- Diligent, self-motivated and a clear thinker
- A strong communicator, both in writing and verbally
- A flexible team player
- Ability to manage a range of tasks across several stakeholders in a professional manner
The NTMA is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that a diverse and inclusive workplace informs better decision making, creative thinking, innovation and drives business performance. We are strongly committed to ensuring that our workforce is representative of our society.
More searches like this
- Banking Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Corporate Finance Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Credit Analysis Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time Bachelors jobs