1. Overseeing the monitoring and supervising the management of litigations and other disputes of offices under APD.
2. Co-ordinating legal matters with other offices under APAC where necessary. Assisting Team Head or Dept Head in managing, coordinating and rolling-out initiatives affecting legal teams across APD offices.
3. Supporting the Bank and internal stakeholders on legal and regulatory matters including covering the following areas:
(a) Advising on legal aspects of credit, employment, litigation and other sensitive matters.
(b) Advising on credit and other customer documentation, new products and structures for financing and other transactions and services offered/entered into by the Bank.
(c) Drafting, updating, improving and maintaining agreements and standard templates and other legal documents for the Bank
(d) Reviewing agreements to be entered into by the Bank and advising and negotiating on behalf of the Bank.
(e) Advising Bank on changes and developments in law and regulations affecting the Bank and coordinating with the Compliance team on implementation.
(f) Liaising with external counsels on legal issues.
(g) Advising on regulatory issues and interpretation of laws.
(h) Advise Japan Research Institute on legal metters in accordance with the insourcing agreement between Bank and JRI.
4. Keeping up to date on trends in legal matters and evaluating the implications on the Bank's agreements and terms, including where changes are needed.
5. To be the primary legal officer in respect of products, services and business segments assigned to the candidate and to be familiar with the requirements and considerations of the Bank in respect of those products, services and business segments.
6. To engage, build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders across the bank's product and business teams in order to embed Legal as a valued partner within the Bank.
7. Such other projects, assignments and matters assigned by Team Head or Dept Head. Requirements :
- Law degree from a recognised university, Singapore law qualified preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in banking is essential, experience dealing with structured finance, wealth management and/or treasury products is preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Able to work across all levels of the bank
- Team player