S&P Global Ratings
Associate Director - EMEA Telecom, Media & Technology Ratings - London
S&P Global Ratings' EMEA Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT) team covers TMT issuers across EMEA. The team comprises of analysts spread across four European offices. In this position you will make an important contribution to our essential role for credit markets, and you will do so as member of a team with a strong culture of collaboration and analytical excellence.
At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence. S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk. By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
What's in it for you:
• An opportunity to challenge yourself in a fast-paced environment, and to make an essential contribution to the functioning and growth of global capital markets.
• The opportunity to work in an international, collegial culture, offering flexibility and great potential for professional development and career growth.
• This role offers an opportunity to be exposed to a range of industry sectors, asset types, and market trends (such as ESG and Cyber analysis).
• The role will give you access to senior management and key decision makers, who will engage with you on par to discuss industry and credit trends.
• Analysis and continuous surveillance of a portfolio of approx. 15 TMT corporate credits, predominantly across the EU, applying S&P Global Ratings' Methodology. Developing a deep understanding of industry trends and issues.
• As part of the analysis, you will be reviewing, researching, and managing transaction documents, produce and run credit models, analyze cash flow, and prepare analytical documentation. You will also be identifying, analyzing, and commenting on ESG sustainability factors relevant for your portfolio.
• Interacting and maintain relationships with senior management as well as Finance and Treasury teams of corporates in your portfolio, including preparation and conducting of regular management meetings.
• Prepare, present, and discuss rating recommendations to the rating committee. This includes a timely, thorough, and proactive analysis of event-driven and / or complex situations. You will also act as a voter in rating committees on credits outside your portfolio.
• Publication of timely and insightful credit analyses on your portfolio of credits, as well as of sectoral analyses and commentaries.
• Engagement with investors on your portfolio of credits.
What We're Looking For:
• At least a bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or a related subject.
• T ypically at S&P Global for a role at this level we would look for corporate c redit analysis experience of 5-7 years, preferably including speculative-grade corporates.
• Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis, cash flow modelling, and accounting concepts.
• The ability to maintain accuracy and to be detail-oriented while complying with strict and tight deadlines
• Knowledge of TMT sectors would be a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential. Knowledge of further European languages would be a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Experience in interacting and communicating with senior management would be a plus.
• Adaptability, pragmatism, willingness to solicit and action feedback.
• Effective teamwork and a thoughtful approach to problem solving are highly valued.
• A willingness to travel across Europe for meetings, occasionally on short notice.
Grade: 12 (for internal purposes)
Here at S&P Global we believe in offering a competitive transparent benefits package. In London this includes a Wellbeing Support Program, Recharge (S&P Global's flexible time-off approach under which there is no prescribed maximum amount of time off you can take), our hybrid working model, our Parental Leave, and Give Back Days (five days of paid leave per calendar year to spend volunteering in your community). We encourage you to ask about our benefits during our screening process with our talent acquisition team.
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (the Policy) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person."
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 286927
Posted On: 2023-06-05
Location: London, United Kingdom