Senior Risk & Controls Manager
As a Barclays Senior Risk & Controls Manager, you will lead activities to inform and deliver the BX strategic change transformation agenda as it relates to CDM risk and controls, including through acting as controls subject matter expert for this work and interface into the risk horizontal. You will also be responsible for supporting efforts to simplify the way in which change is delivered while maintaining a robust controls environment, automating controls and key indicators, and helping to ensure the controls remain appropriate.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances.
What will you be doing?
• Informing strategic vision for BX Strategic Change and transformation agenda
• Working within BX Strategic product teams to build out delivery competencies
• Defining and providing guidance on implementation of key indicators in the product designs
• Leading and managing deliverables as required to fulfil First Line of Defense risk and control accountabilities
• Developing proposals to improve the efficiency and/or effectiveness of CDM Risk controls framework
• Establishing a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert on change delivery risk governance
What we're looking for:
• Broad knowledge of change delivery lifecycle and in creating, operating, and assuring an effective control environment
• Proven experience in Portfolio or Project Management and agile ways of working, with a good knowledge of governance structures
• Flexibility and adaptability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and flawlessly execute at speed
• Proven ability to influence across virtual teams and build relationships and network at all levels to foster a collaborative approach
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proven executive stakeholder management, and influencing evidenced by the ability to build an effective network
• Proven track record of working in the Financial Services Industry
• Broad experience of Jira task management
• A high level of PowerPoint and Excel proficiency
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.