Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Senior Client Officer - Tax Services to join our Tax Client Contact team. This role is located in Manchester, UK, in a Hybrid model.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
The role presents an exciting opportunity to work within a key part of the client's investment strategy and work with a variety of departments within BNY Mellon
The role requires the successful candidate to work with a variety of teams across the company, and so is a great opportunity for someone to build their network and develop a range of skills that they can take forward in their career.
As a client facing role, the successful applicant will manage relationships with a selection of BNYM clients. The main objective of the role is to work with and assist clients to ensure they achieve the most beneficial tax rates available.
Prior experience within an asset servicing role is desirable, but not requirement as training is provided and the candidate will be using several knowledge sources to assist in handling client questions.
This role is the most senior client facing role within the team, and as such the successful candidate will be working with some of our largest clients.
This includes but not limited to:
- Regular contact with clients through email, phone calls and meetings to act as a liaison between the client and BNYM on tax related matters
- Work with clients to ensure all required tax documentation required in relation to client investments are provided in a timely manner by clients.
- Provide data and feedback to clients and stakeholders as required.
- Supports the coordination of tax-related regulatory filings. Gathers required data elements, as needed, for various regulatory filings.
- Relay information on market or regulatory changes and the impact of these on clients
- Work with internal teams to ensure smooth processing of client's tax documents and Tax reclaim related documentation.
- Performs analysis of data and resolves moderately complex data issues.
- Identifies missing data needed for tax records and filings and liaises with others in the tax team to obtain the information.
- Participate in Team, Department or Bank wide projects and initiatives alongside standard workload.
- Assist in client related projects such as fund launches ensuring tax documentation required is report to and received form the client in a timely manner.
- Provides guidance, training and support to other team members.
- Responsible for the quality and completion of own work.
- Helps develop and contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- No direct reports.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- High school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelor's degree in a business discipline preferred.
- 3-5years of total work experience preferred.
- Skilled communicator and confident to deal with external clients
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.