Overview of Citi:
Citi is a world-leading global bank. We have approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. We provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. We enable clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi Belfast is one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland with a diverse and talented team of over 3000 people from over 40 different nationalities across our four Belfast offices.
We are the only global investment bank operating in Northern Ireland. Every day, our local experts interact with global teams in over 100 countries developing and supporting next-generation technology solutions for the enterprise and delivering critical services to the bank and its customers, to make sure we are a stronger and safer organization for our clients.
You will have a truly global reach, which will provide you with new experiences and development opportunities right here in Belfast's iconic Titanic Quarter. The role:
The KYC Operations Lead Analyst will be responsible for leading the implementation of robust risk and controls for the Global Markets KYC functions within ICG, to ensure that all required controls are applied and enforced for the functions of this group. You will drive and oversee the Global control activities in collaboration with Compliance, Internal Audit, Businesses, Technology, and KYC Management to ensure an effective control environment.
This is an important role, reflective of the increasing criticality of strong risk and control focus within a large operations organisation such as ICG. Responsibilities:
- Manage the co-ordination of Global risk and control issues, audits, corrective actions for KYC.
- Lead discussions with Internal Audit, Compliance and other support functions in partnership with KYC
- Governance - drive Risk and Control initiatives and governance as and when required
- Policy/ Guidelines - Policy/ Guidelines development, standardization, awareness, implementation assistance, and enforcement of related policies globally
- Advisory - Subject matter knowledge (for key requirements such as Sanctions Screening, KYC Documentation, local regulatory requirements etc) and trusted advisor on risk and control issues to management and staff
- Approvals - Review process changes/implementation which may impact controls and provide approvals - e.g. control change and new process acquisition
- Control Dashboard/ KRI - develop regional KRIs and ensure function heads have a Control Dashboard to provide management with a clear view on ongoing risks/issues
- Migrations - ensure all migrations satisfy local requirements relating to ICSA, DPO etc
- Controls Reporting oversight - oversight of MCA process including ensuring robust MCA's exist across all processes and co-ordination of testing and results, recommending suitable solutions/ of Corrective Action Plans(CAPs) for any gaps identified;
- Audits - Internal Audit/ Compliance Testing and dealing with Regulators.
- Supervise Risk and Control analysts in their day to day work across the KYC Operations teams.
- A business related degree would be advantageous, however less relevant than extensive 'in situ' experience
- Further risk related qualifications would be beneficial
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Knowledge/Experience:
What We Offer:
- Knowledge of risk and controls gained through previous roles.
- Understanding of Citi's internal risk & controls policies and processes and the ability to quickly identify areas of weakness
- Internal Audit, Compliance Assurance or Controls experience is preferred.
- Experience of an operations environment and awareness of the related risks a must.
- Reference data knowledge required, particularly in client on-boarding or KYC processes.
- Regulatory concepts and other key areas of risk within the operations and data environments
- Ability to perform reviews or processes and identify issues/ gaps.
We work hard to have a positive financial and social impact on the communities we serve. In turn, we put our employees first and provide the best-in-class benefits they need to be well, live well and save well.
We'll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decisions, and allow you to choose which benefits suit you and your personal life best.
Visit our Global Benefits page to learn more.
Highlights to our core benefits include:
- Award winning pension
- On-site health services
- Private medical insurance packages to suit your personal circumstances
- Paid parental leave
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 Days plus bank holidays; increasing with tenure
Citi Belfast also champions diversity within our workforce, which helps us be well and live well together. We have over 40 different nationalities in our Northern Ireland offices, are a vocal supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, and are proud to have 47% of our leadership team made up of individuals who identify as women.
We encourage and lead inclusivity through our Pride, Disability, Multicultural, Families Matter, and Women affinity networks that are run by and for, Citi Belfast colleagues; providing them with the support they need in their personal and professional journeys and supplying them with the tools to help educate colleagues on all things related to each network to help us work better together.
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Compliance and Control ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Business KYC ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting