As a Barclays PMO and Governance Analyst, you will be working with CIB Chief Data Office who are looking to build a strong and skilled program office management team of high-quality governance officers to oversee the planning development, management, and delivery of strategic data initiatives. The Project Management Office will provide a central point of coordination for program management activities including the collation, assurance of work stream reporting and the development of all materials for Committees, Forums and Working Group.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Providing a consolidated view of all CIB CDO strategic initiatives
• Maintaining and actively managing initiative documentation and portfolio governance
• Coordinating activities within the project management framework and change control process
• Performing regular project health and consistency assessments
• Leading Assessments such as CERPA, RCSA, IHR, BU & Domain level maturity
• Preparing materials for relevant committees, forums and working groups
What we're looking for:
• Proven Project Management/PMO skills
• Excellent Planning and organizing skills, working collaboratively with self-insight
• Broad experience in a Risk, Control or Governance environment
• Ability engaging with colleagues of all levels (up to Managing Director level)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Group Data Management Policies & Standards
• Proven SME discipline in Markets, Corporate Banking or Client
• Significant knowledge of Controls Assurance and Testing Standard
• Broad knowledge of data regulations e.g., Basel, BCBS 239 etc
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.