Are you proficient in performance-based analysis, are you curious and highly motivated? Can you interpret complex information and convey in a simple message?
If so, this is a great opportunity for you to join the Retail Divisional Reporting team to craft our Income story, through analytical review and challenge!
You'll work closely with the product finance functions, to understand the key drivers of the income story through volume and rate analysis, providing a summarised narrative with focus on key themes and drivers. You'll also support on Retail elements of the externally published documents, supporting the narrative and verification of the statements.
You'll gain a deep understanding of the Retail business, whilst growing your professional network. Reporting into the Divisional Reporting Senior Manager, you'll work alongside 6 colleagues. The colleagues in the team benefit from a multifaceted view of the Retail business and work closely with all Retail finance teams such as Homes, Savings, Current Accounts, Private Banking, Transport, Cards, and Loans. We provide an integral service ensuring that the Divisional Finance Director has the latest insights into how the Retail business is performing and evolving.
Our Hybrid ways of working means that you can find a work-life balance that suits you, with a mix of home and office working. The expectation currently is that you work a minimum of two days a week in the Office.What you'll do...
Construct the Retail income narrative focused on Net Interest Income, to be used throughout the monthly reporting cycle. Along with assimilation of ad-hoc support material to present key messages around hot topics to our customers.
Craft presentations from scratch to relay key messages, whilst offering guidance / options, which can then be conveyed in a confident and credible style.
Interpret complex financial and non-financial information to support the Retail story, and where necessary provide challenge to ensure performance-based analysis is robust.
Own and lead on aspects of the External reporting process, supporting the Retail published statements and verification within the Annual Report and Accounts, News Release and Investor Slides.
Work closely with Finance Business Partners, Investor Relations, and the Business to support the quarterly published results. Commercial understanding, a questioning mindset and ability to manage multiple stakeholders being key to a successful quarterly cycle.
Understand the needs of the team's various customer groups and respond accordingly. These include the Divisional Finance Director, Product Finance Directors, Business Partners, Investor Relations, and Group Finance.
Provide a pragmatic approach to problem solving and have a desire to deliver solutions are essential to ensure the timely resolution of ad-hoc queries and issues. Combined with execution of sound judgment and decision making.
Continually review and challenge existing processes, drive forward change, and champion simplification initiatives!
Embed the Group's culture and vision through visible leadership, being a role model for the Group's leadership behaviours.What we're looking for...
And in return:
- Accounting qualification preferable (ACA or CIMA).
- Experience of performing analytical reviews to understand key performance drivers, with diligence and curiosity at the core.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a consistent track record in creating and sharing clear and tailored communications, at all levels of the organisation.
- An ability to influence - using compelling arguments to gain the support and dedication of others to drive forward actions timely.
- Display strong leadership qualities, comfortable taking ownership and leading through others along with responsibility for their own work.
- Energetic and pro-active approach with ability to act on own initiative.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure, whilst being eager to learn and be challenged.
- Finance professional with a consistent record gained in a range of roles, with experience of Financial Services.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience of TM1 would be desirable.
It is a very exciting time to join Lloyds Banking Group. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
We'll provide an empowering culture that is committed to developing colleagues, with a balanced focus on training and career development for all. Open to all forms of flexible working that will meet both the business and colleagues needs.
In addition to the salary quoted, the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- Flex benefits you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustment to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.Does this sound like the sort of opportunity that you might be interested in? If so, apply today, we'd love to hear from you..!Together we make it possible!