At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
An exciting new and dynamic opportunity has arisen within part of Retail & Savings Compliance Advisory.
A new role has been created to provide further Compliance support to the expanding Retail & Savings business. The role offers a unique opportunity for an experienced and can-do Compliance Advisor to provide support to the Compliance Advisory Team responsible for various parts of the R&S Business (including Corporate, Risk & Investment Solutions - "CRIS", M&G Wealth Investments - "MGWI" Discretionary Fund Manager and Wealth (Product & Proposition) including PruFund and digital office.
The role will be split on a support ratio of 40/40/20 in those areas respectively but may flex from time to time depending on business needs. The role requires the provision of 2nd line guidance, advice, challenge and oversight with respect to activities conducted by MGWI, CRIS and M&G Wealth (Product & Prop).
The role will also require the successful candidate to work and collaborate with Compliance colleagues across the wider Prudential UK function and MGG.
The candidate will initially carry out their role alongside/mentored by existing Manager Expert Compliance Colleagues supporting MGWI, CRIS and Wealth (Product & Prop). Key Responsibilities:
Advice and guidance with respect to all of the activities performed by:
- Digital/ various areas of Wealth (Product & Prop)
BAU support will include consideration and advice on:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Conflicts of Interest
- Consumer Duty
- INSPRU and Solvency II, as applicable to insurers and investments
- Meeting Attendance
- Interaction and provision of support with respect to internal audits and second line monitoring activities/reviews
- Provide support to regulated entities with respect to regulatory thematic or inspections
- Input into regular reporting
- Review of Papers for certain Committees
- Regular liaison with MGG Compliance, Pru UK Compliance and Financial Crime Compliance
- Review MI produced by relevant business areas/functions
- Risk Assessments
- Assistance with Reg Reporting
- Input into annual Compliance Plan
- Bespoke Advisory pieces of work
- Training: related to guidance
- Prepare and deliver training on (i) new compliance policies, (ii) regulatory hot topics/focus areas; and
- Deliver (and where necessary, update) monthly induction training to new joiners;
- Regulatory Developments/Change: baseline advice on regulatory developments is provided by the MGG Regulatory and Development Team, but our Compliance Team liaise with MGG on specific applicability to relevant business areas/functions and are involved in advising on the interpretation of existing and new rules to support the business in operating in a compliant manner; also involved in implementation of reg change.
- Support large scale strategic change (eg. ESG, Consumer Duty)
- Candidates should have a minimum of 7 years of experience of acting in a Compliance Advisory role for a regulated entity within the Financial Services industry, with full understanding and practical experience of working within a 3 lines of defence model. Asset Management, Wealth Management, Model Portfolios/Discretionary Fund Management, Pensions/Annuities experience would be beneficial but candidates with investment banking experience will also be considered.
- Experience at a Regulator or with Regulator engagement would also be beneficial but is not essential.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills essential.
- Experience in working with senior business stakeholders imperative and necessary gravitas.
- Needs to be articulate, pragmatic, commercially minded, analytical and solutions-focussed, with exceptional drive and enthusiasm.
- The role resides within a small, well established team and so candidate must be an excellent team player.
Work Level: Manager Expert
Recruiter: Helen Simons
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.