We are Alter Domus. Our name means "The Other House" and we're a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you're speaking to. And it's your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world's leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We're specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what's possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
We have vacancies in our Private Equity, Real Estate and Corporate Services teams where you will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following;
• Aiding a Senior Officer in the delivery of all administrative and company secretarial services to certain clients receiving on-the-job training where appropriate, including:
• Taking an active part in the initial setup of any new funds take-on and liaising with independent tax specialists, lawyers, and notaries as part of the set-up process;
• Assisting with the preparation and collation of Know Your Customer and Client Due Diligence files;
• Organising, preparing meeting invitations and agendas for board meetings and taking relevant minutes;
• Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries;
• Preparation of regulatory forms and returns as required for client entities and liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as JFSC;
• Ensuring effective cash management of client entities and undertaking cash reconciliations;
• Processing business and client payments as well as raising of client invoices; and
• Preparing Jersey tax returns and assisting with monitoring changes in relevant legislation and regulatory environment and taking appropriate action; and
• Assistance with general administrative tasks and business projects as necessary.
• You will be educated to the equivalent of 5 GCSE's (equivalent of grades 5 to 9 in Maths and English preferred), A-Level or University Degree;
• Studying or be prepared to study towards a recognised professional qualification, such as ICSA (study costs fully supported by Alter Domus);
• Knowledge or previous experience in fund or corporate services administration will be considered as an asset (but not essential);
• Ambitious with a high level of energy and commitment;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines;
• Excellent communication skills; and
• You possess team spirit, a willingness and capacity to build strong client relationships and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate;
• High level of IT literacy with strong Excel and Word skills.