As a Barclays Business Analyst you will be joining Fixed Income Financing Technology team within Markets Pre -Trade Technology area. You will be instrumental in the analyses, to enhance and support Repo Market Data, Trade Execution, Trade Capture and other Front Office applications.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Engaging with Repo users to understand the business ask and analyse front to back
• Co-ordinating with various systems on business requirements
• Understanding & defining the requirements, timeline, criticality while carrying out impact assessment
• Using Agile methodology and help driving regular scrums, backlog refinements
• Preparing test cases and help executing the test cases during UAT
• Working on backlog management i.e. Define Backlog, MVP, priority, user stories
What we're looking for:
• Experience working as Business Analysis for Investment Banking Capital Markets Domain
• Must have experience on or knowledge of front to back trade life cycle
• Must have experience on or knowledge of Repo Trading Markets
• Perform requirements gathering and analysis
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Problem solving skills to review operational data issues and provide a solution by defining a data strategy
• Expertise in ability to build SQL queries
• Experience in Electronic Trading application
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.