The Government's Methodologies team is responsible for a vast portfolio of criteria and models spanning US Public Finance, Sovereigns, and International Public Finance.
The criteria and models that the group develops and maintains help global analysts produce independent credit ratings covering US State and Local Governments, Sovereigns, International Public Finance, and municipal sectors, including Higher Education; Healthcare; Public Housing; and Infrastructure.
The team is focused on producing timely, insightful, and innovative analysis and research of the highest quality that grows our relevance in the market. As a Director level Model Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will lead strategic initiatives, create and manage analytic models and tools, coach members of the team and work closely with the Model and Criteria SMEs, who are responsible for developing, maintaining, and delivering a growing portfolio of cutting-edge quantitative models and analysis that enable analysts to continually produce high quality and transparent credit analysis.
This is an excellent opportunity as we transform our infrastructure and deliver cloud-based tools to the analytical teams, while also developing your skills and furthering your career as we power the markets of the future. The Impact:
The Director will play a critical role in defining and executing model strategy in Methodologies in partnership with leaders in Methodologies, the Analytical Practices and Ratings Technology. In addition, through hands on development and by guiding junior team members, the Director will enhance our ability to produce high-impact, insightful credit analysis and research by synthesizing, and deriving value from datasets, developing and delivering innovative analytic solutions, and helping to build data analytics capabilities across Methodologies. What's in it for you?
- Leverage your quantitative abilities to develop analytic solutions and tools that enable our credit analysts to perform high quality analysis and research;
- Demonstrate your leadership skills by solving complex problems and building consensus across groups;
- Develop and coach members of the team;
- Gain analytic knowledge of a wide range of global sectors and market topics;
- Partner closely with leaders in key stakeholder groups across S&P Global Ratings; and
- Join a strong collegial, collaborative environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Develop and maintain nimble, user-friendly quantitative solutions and tools that will be used by credit analysts globally in credit rating analyses and research publications;
- Liaise with senior members of Methodologies and Ratings Technology to ensure that our models and tools are reliable, operational, performant, and meet business requirements;
- Develop and coach other model SMEs to ensure quality, productivity and customer service expectations are met;
- Create applications and dashboards that utilize models, tools, and data for use across the organization;
- Synthesize and analyze large datasets to derive analytic value and insights for credit rating analyses and research publications;
- Lead the ideation and execution of efforts to innovate, improve analytic capabilities and enhance efficiency across the Governments Methodology team;
- Provide insight to the team in solving complex, non-routine problems and tasks;
- Collaborate with model and criteria SMEs within the group;
- Work closely with the Review and Validation Group to ensure a high-quality product and adherence to policies and standard operating procedures;
- Deliver polished, effective presentations to executive leadership and the Board; and
- Support criteria projects and be an active member of projects, including developing tools, testing of new concepts, data gathering, writing, and preparation of materials.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Master's degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related field;
- 10+ years work experience in relevant field;
- Extensive knowledge of capital markets, financial instruments with an emphasis on credit risk modeling are preferred;
- Advanced knowledge and hands on experience in programming languages in R (required), Python, Excel/VBA and C++;
- Firm understanding of database modeling/design and applications. Knowledge of SQL and experience in databases such as Oracle or Sybase;
- Advanced statistical knowledge;
- High level of proficiency in the creation of Shiny applications and dashboards;
- Experience leading and developing team members;
- High capability in earning trust and influencing in a matrix work environment;
- Eager to innovate, but disciplined to ensure high-quality execution;
- Displays well-rounded communication skills including good listening techniques, and strong verbal skills with the ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally; and
- Works well in a fast-paced environment, highly effective in problem solving, meticulously organized and comfortable with delegation.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $138,400USD to $250,300USD. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location and experience.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Grade Level: Grade 13
(for internal purposes) Locations:
Chicago, Englewood, London, New York City S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Ratings
is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency, and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (the Policy) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy." "
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
286448 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States