- Assist assigned RMs to achieve financial targets by providing strong support function
- Assist in deepening existing client relationships through excellent customer service
- Manage governance items for Relationship Managers keeping within strict due dates
- Provide accurate and timely support to Relationship Managers
- Produce high quality phone and written correspondence to clients
- Respond to client/RM/ investigations by phone/fax/e-mail
- Spotting cross-sell opportunities and referring to Relationship Managers where appropriate
- Referral of all sales and upgrade opportunities to Relationship Managers
- Manage the preparation of Client Due Diligence (CDD) reviews and governance items to ensure deadlines are met, and follow up of issues raised as required by Relationship Manager
- Liaising with other Departments where necessary, promptly inform Relationship Managers and the complaints team of any complaints.
- Deal with and process payments, deposits, securities transaction and credit applications accurately and within deadlines and follow up with any queries
- Call Backs to clients to verify high risk payments, change of addresses, enquiries and various administrative matters etc
- Constantly challenge processes and procedures with a view to streamlining and simplifying, to reduce waste and improve service offered to internal and external clients.
- Daily review of overdraft, account balance and deposit reports
- Deal with Account Opening documentation and queries as required, ensure paperwork is sent to filing on a regular basis
- Co-ordinate all client visits to ensure pertinent information is available eg. documentation for client's signature etc
- Accurate account of all client contact to be documented via a call report on RMWB.
- Actively participate in the prevention of money laundering and fraud by strict adherence and close diligence to the Bank's policies and procedures.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure the FCA's Treating Customer's Fairly standards are consistently met
- Keep up to date with existing and new SCB Private Bank products
- Keep up to date with new developments in banking, financial and SCB investment products and services
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Head of Client Services
- Relationship Managers and Team Leaders
- Investment Advisers
- Regional Manager
- Other Team members
- Operation teams in London/Jersey and Chennai
- Compliance & Ops Risk
- External clients
Role Specific Competencies
- A financial qualification would be advantageous
- Tertiary education preferred
About Standard Chartered
- Manage Conduct
- Manage Risk
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers