- Responsible for the overall and strategic planning relating to Tech Simplification Programme including reporting, financials, change management, risk & issue management for successful delivery of transformation programme commitments.
- The candidate will also need to ensure compliance of the various projects under the programme to the bank's NWOW standards and processes, governance, and be the point of contact person for any information related to the initiatives/projects under the programme.
- The role entails liaising with Domain Leads, Hive Leads, Hive Tech Leads, Hive Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Technology Teams, Vendors, Assurance and Risk Functions, Finance and Investment teams.
- The candidate should function successfully in a fast paced, agile environment and successfully manage multiple work efforts to completion.
- Nice to have - The candidate should have experience / knowledge of CPBB and experience leading complex Infra Program management.
- Ensures that plans established for programme are maintained / tracked to ensure the programme is managed in a manner that maximizes probability of delivery of the programme objectives.
- Ensure benefit case for assigned initiatives are achieved 100% and look at innovative ways to bring these forward into the early years of the program.
- Responsible for administers and timely updates on project progress, issue/risk, timelines, financial, resource plan, and any other static data to various governance forums (i.e., Refinement Forum (RF), Steering Co, Monthly Performance Reviews (MPR), Quarterly Performance Reviews (QPR), etc.). Ensure the data is meaningful, accurate, relevant, and data is current.
- Responsible to conduct and run the Refinement forum (RF).
- Ensure the re-baseline requests / change requests, closure reports are fully documented before presenting for approval.
- Coordinates, escalates, and reports on Programme key risks and issues. Recorded in Bank's project management tools (i.e., Clarity, PlanView), and proper and timely mitigations for closure in RF.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Maintain the PMO library (SharePoint / Teams / Confluence) including submitted papers and meeting minutes of various Governance forums.
- Provide support to Domain Leads, Hive Leads, Hive Tech Leads, Hive Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters and workstream leads to identify areas of improvement and to ensure that programme/projects follow the Bank's NWOW standards, processes, and governance.
- Ensuring that all submissions to committees / forums are of the right quality and are timely.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Program Management for CPBB Technology Simplification program to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Partner closely with Hive Leads, Hive Tech Leads, Programme/Hive Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, CPBB architects, TTO Transformation and TTO Portfolio leads on all aspects of Programme / Projects delivery.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in CPBB Tech Simplification TTO team Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures; Multiple functions (double hats).
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 8+ years of PgM/PMO experience in a project management capacity supporting or delivering strategic projects, programs, and initiatives in banking industry.
- A proven track record of supporting successful delivery of complex Infra Program Management is a nice to have skill.
- Bachelor's / Master's degrees.
- Strong financial management capabilities: budget tracking, planning, forecast and variance explanations.
- Experience in project and delivery management tools (i.e., SharePoint, JIRA, Clarity, PlanView, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience in Agile project delivery methodology.
- Experience in vendor management.
- Experience in building financial or data model and business case development.
- A 'can do' attitude committed to doing 'what its takes' to deliver. 'Agile' mindset. Whilst not being the subject matter expert, having the ability to learn quickly, listen, synthesize the issues, and articulate for senior management with recommendations.
- Diligent and detail orientated.
- Ability to create effective work relationships across functions & borders at both junior and the most senior levels of the bank.
- Excellent stakeholder management, presentation, and communication skills.
- Understanding of Project Governance standards, change management, financial management, project lifecycle and related lifecycle stages.
- Current Knowledge of SCB processes, governance, and standard for project/programme management (new Way of Working - nWOW), risk management, pre/post implementation is a plus.
- Experience in with liaising and engaging with internal audit groups, external reviewers and regulators is a plus.
About Standard Chartered
- Program Management
- Budget Management
- IT Project Planning and Organization
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Relationship Management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers