Caxton Associates, founded in 1983, is a global trading and investment firm with offices in London, New York, and Singapore. Caxton Associates' primary business is to manage client and proprietary capital through global macro hedge fund strategies. Assets are managed via a broad mandate to trade in a variety of global markets and instruments. About the Team:
Caxton Associates are seeking a Quantitative Analyst to join the firm's Quantitative Analytics Group (QAG).
QAG are responsible for developing and maintaining Caxton's internal analytics platform. The analytics are used internally by portfolio managers and researchers and provide essential data for risk managers and product control. They encompass core derivative pricing and risk analytics as well as trade finding and data-based research tools.
The team has a presence in both London and New York and works closely with Caxton's Quant Development team. The team is currently focused predominantly on interest rates but supports all asset classes as required by the firm. Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of the firm's pricing analytics, in particular the development of a new python-based curve fitting framework and pricing / risk engine.
- Build front office risk management and trade finding tools.
- Provide day to day quantitative support for the firm's portfolio managers and risk managers.
- Displays and operates at the highest degree of ethics and integrity
- 3+ years' experience within the financial sector
- Master's degree or above in a quantitative subject (e.g., Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science)
- A passion for financial markets and a willingness to engage in and learn interest rate modelling.
- Strong Python hands-on programming skills are a core requirement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- C++ /Microsoft Excel experience is a plus
- General familiarity with databases and query writing
- Knowledge of Rates models a strong plus
- Experience working with Front Office