As a Barclays Quantitative Analyst, you will be developing, maintaining and supporting pricing, risk, scenario and capital calculation libraries in C++ for the credit business. Initially the role will with focus on the quantitative analytics required by the FRTB internal model approach. You will be working as part of a global team, located on the trading floors in London, New York and Singapore.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Implementing and delivering quantitative analytics required for the FRTB internal model for the credit trading businesses
• Implementing correct and accurate analytic models within the QA libraries
• Collaborating closely with QA colleagues, trading, risk managers and the Technology Department to ensure the successful delivery of models into our analytic systems and libraries
• Expressing complex technical issues and requirements, spotting potential problems and finding innovative ways to solve them
• Balancing tactical and strategic solutions in line with the overall needs of the bank
What we're looking for:
• PhD or Masters in Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics or similar quantitative field
• Prior experience in a quantitative analyst or developer role with a solid understanding of risk, P&L breakdown and VaR as applied to trading book
• Extensive experience of developing and maintaining quantitative libraries, shared codebases and in depth knowledge of software engineering techniques
• Understanding of credit derivatives and cash products (Credit Default Swaps (CDS), CDS Index etc) from a financial and modelling perspective with experience of coding in Python or similar
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent C++, ideally post C++11
• Solid oral and written communication skills with an ability to clearly express complex technical issues and requirements
• Familiarity with continuous integration, development and deployment patterns
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
#LI - Hybrid