Description About this role Derivative Operations Analyst Who Are Derivative Operations?
A diverse, multifaceted organization responsible for supporting BlackRock's Derivative activity. Specifically, we cover Trade Confirmation, Reconciliation, Clearing and Collateral Management of ETD and OTC products. The Derivative Operations philosophy is anchored to BlackRock's cornerstone principles: innovation, a passion to perform, emotional accountability and a dedication to building a better future, geared around the "One BlackRock" ethos. What Would You Do?
As a Derivative Operations Analyst you will play a key role in an exciting new chapter of our evolution. Working with global colleagues, you will have the opportunity to influence strategy, work with new technologies and craft innovative solutions that reduce risk, increase efficiency and bring value to our clients.
Most importantly, as a leader, you will mentor, coach and encourage our staff to set a benchmark in Operational client service excellence. You will be responsible for building and maintaining a culture of openness and inclusion. We favor a "bottom up" approach to problem solving and creative, data driven, innovative solutions led by staff at all levels.
Additionally, you will develop meaningful relationships with BlackRock's many external providers (counterparties, brokers, custodians, clearing houses, Fin Tech firms). You will connect industry intelligence and market trends to our technology and operational capabilities to define and execute clear business requirements that will evolve our future process. Key Responsibilities?
The passion, energy, drive and commitment you will bring to all aspects of the job will be vital to the success of the business. Tasks are varied, and could range from confirming trades to helping Portfolio Managers and Trading teams achieve core objectives. We actively encourage staff to get involved in the many professional networks BlackRock offer to foster regional connectivity and give back to local communities. You will:
Who We Are Looking For
- Enforce meticulous Operational risk management standards (Key Risk Indicators / Key Process Indicators) and identify, communicate and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Develop a deep technical expertise through on the job training, self- learning and active participation in project workgroups and meetings.
- Contribute and present ideas, solve problems, or help ensure strategic projects remain on track.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external partners, ensuring BlackRock's value proposition, technology roadmap and industry position is communicated and supported.
- Ensure BlackRock receives outstanding levels of service from all third-party providers.
Our culture rewards high performance and favors a collaborative approach to task execution and problem solving. Attitude is everything. We seek:
- A role model, capable of redefining standards.
- An individual with a proven track record building and developing small teams.
- Exceptional service experience managing clients or stakeholders.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate sophisticated concepts simply and clearly to different levels of the organization.
- An excellent understanding of the Derivative post trade workflow, although candidates from other backgrounds capable of quickly developing subject matter expertise in this area will absolutely be considered.
- Someone capable of working with engineers / SME's to transform existing workflows and enhance platform capabilities. Project Management and Operational Improvement skills (Prince, Lean, Six Sigma) or experience working with data / robotics / AI would be advantageous.
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.