At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for the successful delivery of key analytical deliverables such as the analysis needed for a business case, the business and technical requirements specifications, change management and the testing alignment needed to deliver on the relevant project / workstream objectives. Key responsibilities for this role:
Key Skills, Competencies & Experience: Skills and Competencies
- Provide leadership to the BAs on the programme, assisting with work allocation, quality assurance and being the first point of call for escalations regarding the analysis work components.
- Support the development of a business case and associated operating model for a project/programme or portfolio.
- Support the Project/Programme Manager in defining the benefits definition and associated realisation management.
- Produce requirements (including epics and user stories), perform interviews, analysis documents, run workshops (at a strategic level that includes complex business problems) define or record business process, prototyping scenarios, data analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal parties to analyse information needs, functional requirements, existing capabilities and feasibility, with the objective of delivering a clear implementation framework.
- Be a self-starter who can work independently and with users to define concepts and under direction of the project /programme manager.
- Drive and challenge project team members on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Leverage strong analytical skills required to gain a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into applicable operational requirements.
- Collaborate with implementation teams and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Ensure that technology build is completed to specifications, and drives testing of system elements of the operating model.
- Compile key external facing documents such as Service Level Agreements and work with the external managers to manage and review 3rd party analysis deliverables, focusing on quality and relevance to the project.
- Work with the product business teams to lead operational readiness.
- Ensure that there is a plan and that business is ready to adopt the new solution.
- Ensure the overall solution is valid and is in accordance to the agreed objectives and expectations set by the project and programme.
- Align the test planning with the test and project manager.
- Take responsibility for training documentation preparation.
- Ability to engage both business and technology stakeholders, to C-suite and executive level.
- Ability to drive the strategic business and technical requirements definition across large projects and programmes.
- Strong facilitation skills to elicit information from key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Ability to tailor and present complex data to different stakeholders.
- Confident and effective communicator (both written and verbal) across all levels of the organisation.
- Passionate about developing a work environment that embraces and values diversity.
- Well-developed understanding and practical application of business feasibility assessments.
- Deep understanding of business analysis tools, techniques and standards to drive the highest quality user documentation, impact assessments and cost benefits analysis.
- Advanced process mapping and design skills, including facilitation of process improvement.
- Ability to expertly apply multiple approaches and techniques, in order to lead data analysis.
- Creative thinking to contribute to the overall solution design.
- Proven and demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills essential, with the ability to think laterally and generate creative solutions.
- Ability to identify benefits and support their realisation.
- Ability to align business solution outcomes to overall corporate strategy requirements.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly with MS Excel and Visio.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile and associated ceremonies.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with a keen attention to detail and ability to manage multiple deliverables, with complexity.
- Ability to support the test strategy to ensure alignment to project and programme outcomes.
- Support the system training and change management strategy.
- Strong risk mindset to support the project manager in risk identification and mitigation proposals.
- Highly experienced BA with a proven track record in successful delivery
- Proactive and delivery focused with excellent communication skills.
- Transformation and project delivery experience
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.