Description About this role Team Overview
Blackrock is currently seeking a software engineer to join a development team embedded within Global Investment Operations (GIO). You will be developing exception-based, business-process-centric technology solutions that provide scale to operations teams globally. You will work closely with business users in Wilmington to develop service orientated workflows across GIO's functional areas: Trading & Market Documentation, Transaction Management, Collateral Management, Payments, Corporate Actions, Cash & Asset Operations, and Securities Lending Operations.
Daily tasks may include:
- Solve complex problems.
- Build solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 client organizations also using the Aladdin ecosystem.
- Work with leading technologies such as Java, Maven, Camunda, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra, and a host of other languages and open-source technologies.
- Operating in an agile environment.
- Committed to open source, and love contributing back to the community.
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on incremental innovation.
- 1-4 years' experience in technology
- Must have experience in Tableau/powerBI visualization tool, capable to build different visualization and data models.
- Proficient in python/spark development.
- Good Understanding of Spark Clusters and its tuning
- Experience in Sqoop, Hive, Python, R , HDFS & Yarn Management
- handling time series data and SCD Loads Experience on SnowFlake cloud ( SnowPipe, Snowsql, Task)
- Working Experience on Datalake projects. It includes (Understanding of ingestion, Curation distribution Frameworks) Good
- Understanding of DWH/ETL/ELT concepts Experience on Azure Cloud, CI/CD pipelines ,
- Build and Release processes.
- Hands on Experience on Azure Devops and Git hub
- Should work on any of Scheduling tool( Ctr-M, TWS,Rundeck, Oozie
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- An ability to translate real business problems into technical solutions
- A track record of forging strong relationships and building trusted partnerships through open dialogue and continuous delivery
- Knowledge and experience adhering to software development best-practices including test driven development (TDD), unit testing discipline, agile development and CI/CD strategies.
- Experience working with teams across different time-zones and countries
- Strong OO skills and design patterns knowledge and implementation experience using one or more object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, Python)
- Advanced knowledge and experience developing and working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, SqlServer)
- Experience building cloud-native applications is a plus
- Experience developing using an open-source, lightweight & modern BPM solution such as Camunda is a plus.
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.