Description About this role Business Description:
With over 400 investment professionals across the Americas, APAC and EMEA, and with a combined ~$1.45 trillion of AUM, Global Fixed Income (GFI) platform brings together distinct, yet complementary businesses under one global structure. GFI is comprised of Fundamental, Global Credit, Municipal, Model Based and Beta investment groups, covering both active and passive strategies clients with the most comprehensive and diverse investment strategies in the market today. Each of the investment teams within GFI is responsible for delivering performance and continuing to evolve and improve their investment process so that future performance can be delivered.
The Analyst will be part of the Credit Research team in Gurgaon/Mumbai. Responsibilities:
- Fundamental research on companies that can be used by senior analyst based in NY to make recommendations to portfolio managers of 'buy and hold' accounts as well as managers of 'total return' accounts
- Preparing and maintaining/updating financial models with projections
- Writing Credit reports
- Maintaining comparative company analysis
- Relaying information from conference calls, industry conferences, and discussions with management/rating agencies
- Preparing questions for management
- Dialing into road shows and updating views on new issuances
- Ongoing monitoring of coverage names for: - Restructuring, event risk, capital structure, dominant/controlling shareholders, disruption
- Preparing Earnings Summaries
- Working on adhoc projects based on topical issues/trends/reforms impacting industries
- Preparing industry databases, thematic reports, sections of presentations
- Annual write-ups for cash management business.
- Motivated team player and flexible in approach with ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - presents ideas in a clear, concise, and constructive manner
- Strong Excel, financial modelling, and analytical skills
- MBA or equivalent qualification in Finance with superior academic record; CFA will be an added advantage
- Experience in writing credit reports
- Excellent credit skills demonstrated through prior relevant experience working as a research analyst
- Familiarity with financial databases like Bloomberg, Capital IQ, etc
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.