As a Barclays HR Portfolio Project Manager this is an exciting opportunity where you will lead and oversee multiple change and transformation projects and/or programme workstreams within HR Operations and Payroll on a local, regional, and global basis. Working and partnering with a variety of stakeholders within HR Operations, Payroll, and other HR teams, to ensure successful delivery of initiatives on time, within budget, to the expected quality and that established benefits and outcomes are met.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Owning and running agreed projects across all or part of the project lifecycle
• Handling project activities through the application of appropriate project methodologies, driving continuous improvement throughout
• Leading project communication and change engagement. Effectively connect with and influence project stakeholders at all levels and provide regular status updates
• Designing and conducting project/workstream governance
• Ensuring clear and documented project artefacts e.g. project initiation, high level and detailed plans, RAID logs
• Managing transparent, accurate and timely reporting across the portfolio, in line with Barclays Policies and Standards
• Supporting the management of small change requests and incidents, liaising with HR Technology colleagues
What we're looking for:
• Proven ability to independently drive, and effectively mobilise and manage, multiple priorities/projects, using standard project methodology
• Analyse problems and make decisions - commit to a course of action after identifying and assessing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, and resources
• Relevant HR and project/change experience, with good exposure to operational, technological and transformation services
• Customer focused - identifies and meets the needs of customers by building productive and trusted relationships by providing value
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Solid communication and collaboration skills
• Good knowledge of MS Microsoft products, including PowerPoint and Excel, and knowledge of HR systems preferable i.e., Case Management, HR Capital Management
Where will you be working?
Northampton is the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.