Description About this role About this role
iShares Fixed Income ETFs have been noted as an industry-leading franchise and a bright spot for BlackRock in Q1 2023. We saw $33.5B of inflows into iShares bond ETFs in Q1, and continue to see significant growth opportunities ahead. iShares provides a range of fixed income products that span broad portfolio building blocks to more sophisticated investment strategies. We are continually looking for new and innovative ways to give clients access to different types of investments and to help them construct efficient, transparent portfolios. The candidate will be a key member of the US Fixed Income Product Innovation team which is responsible for developing new fixed income ETF ideas. It is a dynamic and creative opportunity with high potential for visibility and interaction with internal and external partners. The role reports to the head of US Fixed Income ETF Product Innovation. Responsibilities include:
Qualifications and experience:
- Partnering with portfolio managers, strategy, research, sales and marketing to identify and research new product ideas
- Conducting industry research and market analysis to evaluate and prioritize product concepts
- Work with legal, compliance, product architecture and implementation teams on practical and efficient product design
- Work with sales and marketing teams to develop and execute launch plans for new product
- Monitoring competitive funds and filings to support product development
- 2+ years of experience in financial markets in a relevant capacity (investments, trading, research, portfolio construction, business strategy)
- Strong understanding of financial markets and investments - particularly fixed income investments
- In-depth knowledge of, or experience working with, ETFs
- Good commercial instincts and intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels and functions within the firm, and to work well across investment teams, client-facing sales and product consulting teams, product implementation teams and external parties (clients, sell side research, industry experts)
- Knowledge of investment systems such as Bloomberg, Factset or Morningstar preferred
For California and New York City only the salary range for this position is $142,500 - $190,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.