An Investment Counsellor at QV meets with existing and prospective private clients to discuss their needs, make portfolio recommendations, and review their performance and market developments. The successful candidate will help further expand QV’s private client business. The successful candidate will be expected to learn and adopt QV’s investment philosophy and process, while embracing QV’s team-based culture, supporting an environment of mutual respect and shared rewards.
WHO WE ARE
QV Investors is an employee owned, discretionary investment management firm managing portfolios on behalf of institutional and private clients. QV is committed to investing, supporting, and empowering our people. Founded in 1996, QV stands for “Quality” and “Value”, characteristics that resonate through the firm’s culture and investment principles.
VISION, MISSION, AND VALUES
Our mission is to provide exceptional investment management by constructing portfolios that grow income and capital while minimizing the risk of loss. To achieve this, we continuously invest in our people and offer regular communication to all our stakeholders. Providing excellence in investment management and client service along with the best security selection, portfolio management, and communications for our clients is our key vision. We achieve both our vision and mission through the values that make up the core of our firm.
These values include:
- Clients First: Our clients’ success defines our success.
- Integrity: We operate with candor, respect, and professionalism.
- Excellence: Through continuous improvement, we strive for excellence in everything we do.
- Teamwork: Working towards shared goals gives us strength to achieve more.
- Accountability: As owners, we hold ourselves to a higher standard.
- Meet with clients to review QV’s investment performance, goals, and asset mix.
- Communicate QV’s investment philosophy and process to clients.
- Communicate market developments and actions within QV’s investment strategies to clients.
- Assist in growing QV’s private client business.
- Meet with QV’s private clients’ key partners to strengthen relationships.
- Further develop a network of centres of influence to provide referrals to QV’s private client business. Coordination with QV’s Team
- Work collaboratively in ensuring QV’s clients’ needs are met by utilizing QV’s other team members where necessary.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated ability to deal successfully with a wide array of client needs.
- Proven business development experience.
- Ability to be registered with the Alberta Securities Commission (or equivalent, in other provinces) as an Advising Representative or Advising Representative - Client Relationship Manager.
- Ability to work both independently and cohesively with others, with proven history of taking on leadership positions.
- Strong organization and time management skills, with superior attention to detail.
- Financial planning and/or private client management experience would be considered an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- CFA® or CIM® designation.
- CFP® or other wealth management designations would be considered an asset.
Who you are:
- An individual dedicated to pursuing excellence, continuous improvement, and self-leadership.
- A professional with an abiding curiosity for investing, people, and business.
- Have the flexibility to travel for client meetings and events
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- A hybrid work environment.
- A competitive salary that reflects industry levels.
- A comprehensive health benefits program and access to confidential family assistance services.
- Five personal “Quality” (Q) days, with pay, per annum to provide flexibility and support to the personal well-being of our team members.
- A central office location with secure bike storage and on-site gym access with complimentary fitness classes offered.
- QV’s Short-Term Bonus Plan.
- The opportunity to participate in equity ownership of the firm.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
QV actively fosters an inclusive culture that values individuals from all walks of life. Fostering an inclusive culture begins with the hiring process and continues through the employment experience. We strive to break down barriers – and to have a workplace where diversity in experiences, backgrounds, cultures, ideas, and opinions are not just welcomed but celebrated. We want every team member to feel at home at QV. The diversity they each bring contributes to a great workplace, excellent service for our clients, rewarding and fulfilling careers... and a successful business! To that end, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and providing accessible employment practices. We welcome and encourage applicants who identify as part of underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply, e-mail your cover letter and resume with the heading “Investment Counsellor”. Candidates without cover letters may not be considered.