In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 65 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Please note that this is a internship that may require you to defer from university studies for the period of the assignment. Start date is early June 2023. Purpose of Role
We are seeking energetic and responsible undergraduate to join our 6-month internship program. In this position, you will be exposed to the ins-and-outs of transaction banking (TB) business. You will discover how our Bank helps corporate to optimize its cash management operations, improve its trade/ working capital and liquidity management. There are multiple roles within the TB business and intern will be assigned to a dedicated team such as Product Management, Liquidity Mgmt, Cash / Trade Sales, Business Mgmt, Risk & Governance and Client Delivery team.
In addition to the on-the-job experience, the intern will have to opportunity to meet and interact with managers and executives of different departments of the Bank, enriching his/ her personal network and understanding of how a bank functions.
Successful applicants will be given an internship allowance and may be offered the opportunity to join the Bank's Graduate Programme upon his/ her graduation, subject to:
- An academic grade per the programme's criteria in the final year i.e. the obtainment of the degree
- A positive recommendation by the manager during the internship
- Assist in project management/ implementation, market study related to products
- Support the analysis of financial performance and preparation of presentation decks
- Support ad-hoc analysis and response to RFP/ sales pitching
- Support the organization of branding and marketing campaign/ event and internal forums
- Manage general tasks related to his/ her responsibility
- Contribute to improve efficiency in processes / communication to internal stakeholders
- Year 2 undergraduate to final year in data analytics, business, economics, finance, or related fields
- Strong academic performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic, self-driven and responsible
- Ability to multi-task and possess organisation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Programming knowledge such as excel VBA and SQL will be preferred