The Equity Derivatives trading team provides ING's private investors and corporate clients with equity derivatives-based investment and hedging solutions. The team is responsible for the structuring, packaging and trading of all linear and non-linear equity derivatives products, including secondary market services. Investors & Corporate clients come to us for leveraged direct market access products (Sprinters), structured investments, ruled based equity linked strategies as well as tailored solutions including OTC derivatives, customized notes, hedging, monetization or stock option incentives schemes. The team, located in London and Amsterdam, also contributes to the platform & system developments required to support the growth of the activity. As part of the Financial Markets division, Equity Derivatives is committed to develop a fully automated platform in order to offer competitive pricing and a scalable business.Team Overview
The vacancy is in the equity derivatives front office desk in London. It is an international team with an open atmosphere working closely with Sales teams across the world. The individual will also be actively involved with the valuations team, with the intention to deliver requirements and gaps outlined with equity derivatives valuation inputs.Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
The project will be focusing on extending current processes, examples of such work streams:
- Automation of the calibration of the Implied equity repo parameter in Java
- Documentation of the equity front office automation methods for model input parameters. The individual will be required to document the methodologies and workflows to fit the internal model governance framework.
- Automation of equity correlations methodology in Java.
The contractor will collaborate closely with the trading, technology team and the valuations risk team.Candidate ProfileExperience/Knowledge
- Experience working in teams (5 years +)
- Experience with writing methodology documents.
- Highly proficient in Java
- Proficient in Git, SQL
- Computer Science background (Maths, Physics or Engineering are also considered)
- Good knowledge in option pricing
- Good understanding of the Equity Derivatives market
- Proficient in C++, C# or VB
- Familiar with Python and R
- Genuine interest in finance and trading
ING's purpose is 'Empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business'. Every ING colleague is given the opportunity to contribute to that vision. We champion self-reliance and foster a collaborative and innovative culture. The Orange Code is our global manifesto for how we stay true to our purpose and our tradition of reinvention and empowerment. It is made up of ING Values
(we are honest; we are prudent; we are responsible) and ING Behaviours:
(you take it on and make it happen; you help others to be successful; you are always a step ahead)
For us, success will only be achieved if we act with Integrity
Some companies see diversity as a box to be ticked. We see it as fundamental to our success and we encourage a proper work/life balance. At ING, you will be judged on your performance in line with the Orange Code. And that's a promise.