The business is now looking for a dynamic individual who will provide a pivotal role in driving their pan-European real estate equity strategy. Reporting to the Managing Director and Head of Asset Management the successful candidate will collaborate with the rest of the London-based Asset Management team to develop and execute business plans for the firm's corporate and industrial real estate investments across Europe.
As Asset Management responsibilities involve working closely with other teams internally (legal, tax, capital markets), exceptional communication skills and investment leadership are crucial. The individual will collaborate with the internal team, operating partners, and take a leading role in strategic asset management, (re)development, and improvement strategies for individual assets, as well as actively managing portfolios and corporate transactions, including significant disposals.
- Collaborate with senior asset management team members to set strategies and implement business plans.
- Manage a wide range of transactions, including corporate transactions, public company investments (privatisation and PIPE), portfolios, single assets, and distressed debt/restructuring transactions.
- Continuously review and refine business plans.
- Drive asset/portfolio repositioning, including capital expenditure, development, leasing, and cash flow growth.
- Develop and maintain complex financial models to monitor key performance indicators and perform sensitivities.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of risk and return related to leasing, capital investment, development programs, and disposals.
- Identify and monitor market trends and transactions.
- Coordinate with operating partners and service providers.
- Cultivate active and productive relationships with joint venture partners, lenders/financial institutions, brokers, legal/tax advisers, tenants, and other stakeholders.
- Prepare quarterly investment reports.
- Support disposition and portfolio sales processes.
- Participate in negotiations related to sale and purchase agreements (SPA), joint venture agreements (JVA), asset management (AM), and leases.
- Prepare materials for internal and external use, such as management reporting packages, investor day presentations, and lender reporting.
- Possess exceptional financial and analytical skills, including expertise in Excel and the ability to create in-depth financial models.
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher from a top-tier university or college.
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial mindset and strong ability to build relationships internally and externally.
- Results-oriented with outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, drive, energy, and proactiveness as a self-starter.
- Thrives in a team-oriented and collaborative environment, demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
- Actively contributes to a positive culture.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to work flexible hours.
- Likely to have relevant experience with a top-tier real estate private equity investor, investment manager, investment bank, or investment adviser.
- Strong understanding of the European real estate market, preferably across various geographies.
- Experience in underwriting and evaluating commercial real estate asset and portfolio-level dispositions.
- Familiarity with operating assets and development projects.