Entity Controller - Financial Control & Analysis Location:
London Role Duration:
12 month maternity cover Opportunity Overview
: Resource Solutions has an exciting opportunity with a leading wealth management organisation for a Financial Control & Analysis role with a strong background within the Financial Services Sector.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within the private asset sector in a thriving environment.
Based at our HQ in London, the 15 person UK Asset Management Financial Control and Analysis ('FC&A') team manages the external reporting requirements for Asset Management operating subsidiaries alongside supporting the internal reporting requirements of the business. The team assists senior management and heads of business units with planning, strategic decision making and performance evaluation. We are enthusiastic and driven, with a strong culture and we take our work seriously. The team also works closely with Revenue Accounting, Cost Accounting and Regulatory teams to ensure the statutory, management accounting and the regulatory cut of legal entities' results are correct and fit for use. Role Objective:
We are looking for an experienced contractor to join the FP&A and Financial Control team, the FC&A team, with a specific focus on Financial Control. This will include assuming the role of primary entity accountant for our UK life company. The company provides investment management services under life company regulations and a range of funds for institutional policyholders. You will have strong previous experience in Insurance (preferred) or acting as a financial accountant for a similar company within Asset Management. Your role will focus on statutory reporting (including accounting and regulatory reporting, liaison with external actuaries, input into and review of regulatory returns, board papers and preparation of annual financial statements) and ad hoc strategic work. There will be opportunity to support other UK Asset Management entities, in addition to driving the continued evolution of our control frameworks.
This role will report directly into a Team Leader (Financial Control & Analysis) and will work closely with all areas of Finance in addition to colleagues in Risk, Treasury and other infrastructure functions as required. Key Responsibilities:
Requirements & Skills:
- Providing accounting oversight, ensuring the ledger is controlled and legal entity results are rationalised within the context of the entities' contractual obligations, regulatory permissions and control framework, in a timely manner
- Working closely with Finance Operations and Accounting teams to review and challenge the revenue and cost base of the legal entities
- Reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations in line with company policies and adhering to deadlines
- Working closely with the Regulatory team to input into, understand and review quarterly and annual regulatory returns and documents, specifically regulatory capital and liquidity reporting & forecasting, under both FCA and PRA (Solvency II) regulations
- Managing and overseeing Regulatory submissions and forecasts including ORSA (own risk and solvency assessment), SFCR (own risk and solvency assessment) and RSR (Regular Supervisory Report) documents
- Reviewing annual statutory accounts, dividend proposals and quarterly Board reports as required, and presenting papers for review and sign off to the relevant Finance Director
- Reporting to regulated entity boards including attending quarterly risk committee and board meetings
- Qualified accountant with 5+ years of post qualified experience
- Financial Control experience, looking after legal entities though monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven experience dealing with senior stakeholders within Finance and in other functions
- Previous experience with the production of audited statutory accounts and the UK regulatory environment, specific to a life company
- Ability to analyse process flows, identify areas to improve efficiency and maintain an appropriate control framework is expected
- Knowledge of the asset management industry preferable including market dynamics
- Highly curious and self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to self solve and lead by example in terms of the 'what' and the 'how'
- Demonstrated an ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Proactive team player with excellent interpersonal skills and able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships
- Able to work under pressure, managing competing demands on time where necessary
- Serve as a mentor to more junior members of the team