PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
Corporate Actions is one of the key operational units at PIMCO. Our group is responsible for processing all mandatory and voluntary Corporate Action events on behalf of our clients. We are an integral link between our Portfolio Management, Legal & Compliance, Account Management, and IMS Operations teams.
We are seeking a Corporate Actions Specialist to join our Austin, TX office or Newport Beach, CA office.
As a Corporate Actions Specialist, you will manage the lifecycle of all voluntary events, including tenders, exchanges, Dutch auctions, consent solicitations, disclosures, conversions, optional puts, and dividend reinvestments. You will have considerable exposure to senior colleagues and will have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with some of most experienced professionals in the investment management industry. You will also be exposed to various asset types, continually being challenged to expand your knowledge and expertise.
The regulatory and client service environment is continually evolving and our Corporate Actions team is at the forefront of this exciting change. Our team is also working on optimizing workflows and increasing connectivity between various departments systematically though the use of technology. As such, you will be in an outstanding position to continue to shape our operations landscape and contribute in a substantial way. If you are technically savvy, have a keen attention to detail, have excellent social skills, and are interested in advancing your career and the team, we want to hear from you! Responsibilities
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all aspects of voluntary corporate action, proxy, and class action events are thoroughly and accurately completed prior to deadlines
- Familiarity with bankruptcy, bank loans, and restructure events
- Collaborate with internal colleagues in our Portfolio Management, Credit Research, Legal & Compliance, Account Management, and IMS Operations teams
- Conduct daily reviews of corporate action events through reporting discussed with internal and external constituents
- Monitoring and reviewing all Class Action litigation material from multiple sources for potential account impact
- Reviewing Defaulted securities notifications and obtaining proper adjustments from Portfolio Management
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- 2-10 years of experience in the financial markets, including coursework or work experience in areas related to economics, investments, or fixed income analytics
- Strong understanding of Fixed Income fundamentals
- Standard MS Office knowledge
- Bloomberg skills
- Exposure or hands-on experience with SQL, VBA, Python
- Prior experience in Corporate Actions, Proxy, Class Actions, or Data Management
- Knowledge of multiple asset classes and how they can be used in portfolios
- You have outstanding relationship-building skills
- You are able to multi-task and thrive in a demanding, fast paced and collaborative team
- You have a proven ability to navigate unstructured processes and simultaneously handle responsibilities of multiple challenging demands
- You are articulate and proactive and have excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written), and can seamlessly face off across all levels of an organization
- You have outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and quality, coupled with of shown time management skills
- You are a driven and motivated self-starter who takes ownership of your work quality and enjoys continuous improvement
- You are an analytical thinker with independent problem-solving skills, and the ability to promote your own ideas and solutions
- You are intellectually curious and creative
- You demonstrate integrity and business ethics
- You have a high emotional intelligence, are flexible, and resilient
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 85,000.00 - $ 124,500.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.