At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. Service Transition Manager
(Edinburgh or Stirling) Career Returners:
We are excited to be partnering with Women Returners to offer the Career Returners Programme. The programme is targeted at experienced professionals who are looking to return to work after an extended career break of 18 months or more and who are interested in returning to the Financial Services sector.
We welcome people who are returning to the workplace after a career break, whether that was to look after family, provide care, for health reasons, travel, volunteering, study or time out. The journey back to work can be daunting so we put this programme in place to ease the transition. Plus, wherever possible we offer flexible working and family friendly arrangements. Location:
Edinburgh or Stirling Programme:
12-month returnship Start date:
September 2023 Apply by:
15 June 2023 How will you benefit from the Programme?
Who are we looking for?
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a tailored 12-month programme with the potential of longer-term opportunities on completion
- You will receive coaching support from Women Returners for the first 6 months to help you transition successfully back into the workplace, as well as a mentor and buddy at M&G for the duration of the programme
- You will be part of a cohort of like-minded professionals and as such benefit from a cohort network
- The programme is expected to include hybrid working, which will include time working from home, various other flexible working options may be available during and after the programme depending on the team and the role
- Experienced professionals who have taken a career break of 18 months or more (as of September 2023). During this time, you may have been working small-scale around other commitments or have not done any paid work
- Interested in returning to the Financial Services sector
- Skills and experience relevant to the role
- The right to work in the UK
Service Transition represents the Service Management organisation during the project phase and ensures the new or changed service operates appropriately and is fully supportable at the time of Go-Live.
Service Transition manages the transition of a system from the project phase into Business-as-Usual support by:
- Managing and controlling the specified criteria for service acceptance and operational readiness throughout the project life cycle
- Managing impacts and risks to new and existing services through thorough impact analysis and communication
The right person will take a key role in ensuring Service Transition requirements are delivered by projects utilising both new and existing partners through effective sustainable design. Your input will contribute to further refining and enhancing these requirements as needed to support organisational structures.
This is a busy, but friendly environment and as such is a supportive environment for an individual looking to build on their existing experience while bringing core skills to the team. Key Responsibilities for this role:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Responsible for creating and or reviewing deliverables to achieve operational acceptance and readiness, including plans, Non-Functional Requirements, Acceptance Criteria, Support Model, Warranty Agreements, GO Live Readiness Presentations, Ongoing Support Financial Handover information, Service Level Agreements or Support Schedules etc
- Attend and contribute to relevant Project and Programme Boards, Architectural Design Authorities and Steering Groups on behalf of Enterprise Technology
- Impact, evaluation and risk assessment of new projects from a Service Delivery perspective
- Definition of non-functional requirements and operability acceptance criteria for new or changed services
- Identifying Service Readiness activities and ensuring they are in place for go live (processes, procedures, training, rehearsals etc)
- Act as ambassador for Enterprise Technology and ensure the business and 3rd parties understand and support the Service Transition model and that effective working relationships are maintained
- Actively support, company policy and best practice in security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer and other information
- Understand the M&G business relating to the work sufficiently to be able to comply with regulatory requirements
- Be an enthusiastic and valued member of the Technology Team, ensuring that the division becomes a valued and essential partner, and supports M&G in its strategy
- Experience of managing deliveries from 3rd parties
- Knowledge of the typical IT infrastructure
- An understanding and experience of implementing into a live IT infrastructure environment
- Experience of structured Project Management methodology
- The successful candidate will be qualified to, or actively pursuing, the Manager's certificate in ITIL or Service Transition V3 - but must already have ITIL Foundation V3 level accreditation
- Strong acceptance / transition into service experience
- Experience of RACI type deliverables framework (e.g., Prince II)
- Analytical, with keen attention to detail is a must
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Is a willing and communicative part of the Management team and can form strong relationships with immediate colleagues, customers and 3rd parties, and can support other staff where necessary
- Be able to shape / change processes
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter Name: Sarah Mathers
Closing Date: 15 June 2023
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.