In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
Within BNP Paribas Singapore, the KYC Operations Team's objective is to manage the KY production and ensure all KY files are processed with strict adherence to the relevant policies and procedures with high standard of quality. Key Responsibilities :
The responsibilities will be diverse and varying, reliant on work required to be actioned. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following: Overall Job Requirements:
Implementation and Process:
- Ability to work independent on KYC due diligence end-to-end and provide advice to relevant businesses in light of information surrounding any particular customer for both on boarding or recertification
- Serve as 'Primary Point of Contact' to communicate and resolve any recertification process issues with offshore/investigator/compliance teams
- Being aware and demonstrate the knowledge of regulation surrounding KYC/Due Diligence for Singapore
- Ability to interpret and articulate the guidelines provided by the Group Policies and Procedures to govern the KYC/AML onboarding/recertification process
- Mitigate integrity risks for the bank by contributing to the risk assessment of (potential) business relationships based on (international) regulations against money laundering and terrorist financing, financial sanctions, and embargoes
- Possessing knowledge in various types of trading entities - limited, private and public companies, holding companies, hedge funds, asset managers, special purpose vehicle's, trust's and specialised sectors such as MNC, Shipping, Gaming etc.
- Ensure and deliver high standard of quality in the KYC files in adherence to the bank's policies and procedures.
- Ensure periodic reviews are completed in timely manner in line with policies and procedures
- Arrange, prepare, document and facilitate CAC/eCAC towards the final approval for the KYC file.
- Liaise with Compliance, relationship managers and other senior stake holders for KYC approval.
- Ensure timely escalation and own proposed course of actions to line management to address identified risks and blocking points during such processes.
- Develop a good understanding of the overall KYC operations process and act as a subject matter expert to support the team
- Embrace continuous changes and challenges; handle various initiatives and ad-hoc projects as assigned by line management.
- Work in close and continuous collaboration with other team members and stakeholders to achieve predefined objectives and resolve any issues during daily tasks.
- Keep accurate track record of all assigned requests; from receipt through execution of requests.
Control and Risk:
- Working within a team - with an adaptable flexible approach, coordinate with onshore/offshore team members and with the different Client Onboarding teams globally
- Be open to change and support the vision of working in a fully transversal operational team
- Abide by operational risk procedures and escalate incidents to management where necessary
- Contribute to the implementation and controls for daily processes and assist with the update of procedures
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral) :
- Contribute to BNPP compliance and operational permanent control framework
- Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management Systems
- Ensure compliance with Bank's policies/procedures and regulatory requirements, in particular with regard to the KYC/AML/FS responsibilities and duties, as per relevant policies and procedures.
- Compliant with the Bank's code of conduct and compliance guidelines
- Participate in various change management initiatives as directed by line manager to deliver changes/quality output with respect to operational processes, policies, data quality, regulatory mandates and the department's strategies.
- Identify, analyze, report and explore proposed course of actions to line management in relation to production, changes in KYC policy and system issues.
Specific Qualifications Required:
- Possesses strong analytical skills with an eye for accuracy and details
- Good communicator with proficient writing and presentation skills
- At least 5 years of banking experience and relevant due diligence experience (CIB KYC experience preferred)
- Good understanding of Corporate & Institutional Banking and Global Markets framework under International Financial Groups.
- Strong understanding of due diligence and local Anti-Money Laundering requirements
- Team player that supports his/her colleagues in times of stress
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Possesses strong fundamental and technical skills
- Excellent PC skills, especially in Excel
- Able to deal with complex and high volume of requests
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong sense of risk
- Diploma or equivalent with relevant experience