About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
A vacancy has arisen in our Private Equity (PE) Operations team. This is a team of who offer a first class service to a mixed portfolio of boutique and mid-sized clients and work as a close team to ensure deliverables are met.
You will be working as a key senior member within the administration team whilst working collaboratively with other teams to achieve shared objectives.
Key components of the role include liaising with internal teams and the Investment Advisor, completion of cash management tasks, completion of all aspects of client administration and dealing with ad-hoc queries as they arise, all within scheduled timeframes and ensuring that all clients KPIs are met. This will also include the expectation of achieving signatory status once the probationary period is complete. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing a premier client service by building strong relationships with the Investment Advisor and any other third parties;
- Developing a thorough knowledge of portfolios of your clients and their bespoke requirements with regards to key processes;
- Attending regular client calls Working closely with the clients to resolve queries;
- Working with other teams within NT to ensure delivery of client deliverables;
- To have a good understanding of fund administration business.
- Undertaking a daily cash management process in line with a cash management policy and actioning ad-hoc cash management items as and when they arise;
- Processing and self-reviewing FX trades, as needed;
- Processing invoices ;
- Arranging for amendments to loan facilities, as required;
- Completion of client monies and bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Undertaking the investor call/distribution process from end to end;
- Completion of the investor transfer process;
- Processing investor contact and bank detail updates;
- Monitoring of investor audit confirmations;
- Dealing with investor tax reporting obligations;Dealing with fund closings.
- Monitoring mailboxes, completing tasks assigned by the team leader or other senior team members;
- Perform reviews of junior team members work;
- Support other team members with workloads and rotate tasks on a regular basis.
- Preparation of board packs including creation of administration report and ensuring timely delivery to the Board
- Coordinating and attending meetings with directors and writing minutes timely including self-review;Ensuring Director's Substance Registers are up to date
- Ensuring Director and Client queries are dealt with timely
- Adhering to constitutional documentation for ongoing entity operations;
- Ensuring that you comply with all controls and procedures outlined in the procedures manuals and general company policies.
Risk Management & Efficiencies:
- To identify efficiencies and areas for improvement to reduce risk and become more efficient;
- Ensuring that technology available is being fully utilized in the most efficient manner;
- Working with technology to resolve any issues and improve processes;
- Working closely with legal/compliance to ensure all funds are in compliance with the relevant regulatory authorities;
- To ensure full and proper reporting to your manager of any operational issues;
- Where delays are expected to flag any service delivery issues as early as possible;
- Ongoing review of daily controls and communications of any new ideas or suggested procedural changes.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Previous experience as a Senior Fund Administrator with a signatory element is preferred;
- Possess excellent organisation skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Have an enthusiastic approach and positive attitude;
- Have customer service orientation with a concern for quality;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Initiative to prepare procedures and checklists to assist others;
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines
- Advanced Excel Skills and knowledge of Investran would be an advantage
- Industry knowledge - know various financial instruments, local regulations and laws;
- Business or financial services qualification or studying for same. This is not essential but would be an advantage.
- Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.