About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
We are seeking a candidate that will provide high quality service to a complex multi-billion dollar book of fiduciary clients within the Institutional Fiduciary Team. The role touches all elements of finance including banking, fiduciary, custody and funds. The successful candidate will require strong personal skills to enhance relationships with existing clients and develop opportunities for Northern Trust. The client relationships are global giving access to the comprehensive Northern network and the successful candidate would be expected to develop good working relationships within Northern Trust.
The role is primarily fiduciary focused and experience in Trust is essential, the role also requires a keen interest in global financial markets and investment assets including private equity, hedge funds and real estate. The role provides an excellent opportunity to become part of a hugely effective team and work with some of the top global investment houses, consultants and other service providers The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage a mixed portfolio of company and trust structures on behalf of clients, engaging with internal partners, advisors and managers to provide excellent client service.
- Balancing client expectations with appropriate fiduciary risk management and diligence.
- Adhere to a culture of compliance with regards to policies and regulations.
- Prepare minutes and resolutions as required. Execute all necessary authorised documentation and payments.
- Prepare proposals for discretionary committees to review and decide upon.
- Depending upon the specific client, you may be a point of contact for them in relation to the fiduciary entities on their portfolio. Plan and attend client and advisors meetings.
- A signatory of the corporate director, secretarial and trustee companies.
- Ensure that client structures adhere to relevant regulatory requirements
- Ensure that all decision making is accurately and appropriately documented, and client records and filings are accurate and in accordance with any relevant regulations.
- Proactively work within the fiduciary team and internal partners to help identify areas for improvement. • Liaise with other Northern fiduciary teams to gain consistency of service where appropriate.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- An understanding of regulatory requirements and changes for both Guernsey and other relevant jurisdictions.
- Develop and sustain a broad technical knowledge across products and services of the Bank and the financial and wealth markets to ensure the business is supported.
- A highly professional approach to work and client interactions, especially with regards to privacy of information.
- Already qualified, working towards or keen to start, a professional ICSA or STEP qualification or holds equivalent experience.
- Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, good numeracy and computer skills.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to research and understand documents and legislation and be able to explain in simple layman's terms.
- An understanding of market assets and how they are used including private equity.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.