About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Summary:
The Regulatory Solutions team is responsible for regulatory impact assessment for all of C&IS, including significant global industry changes.
The team provides consultative support to the business and clients to help navigate these regulatory and industry changes.
The team has responsibility for the commercialisation of regulatory products as well as providing centralised oversight of implementation and escalation for all regulation impacting C&IS.
As an individual contributor, the ideal candidate will provide guidance and delivery to the future of Regulatory Product Solutions at Northern Trust. Additional responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Assisting with the strategy of the regulatory product umbrella as outlined by the Lead Regulatory Product Manager, Product Executive and Head of Product Management for the business unit.
- The commercialisation of regulation and influencing the banks strategy, which is achieved through a deep understanding of regulatory policy changes, early identification of product opportunities and driving forward thought leadership.
- Maintaining an overview of developments in the UK and at EU and international levels, including through tracking new policy initiatives, identifying the most significant emerging topics and developing expertise in them.
- Analysing the strategic impact of new and emerging regulation, including identifying new product opportunities or service enhancements.
- Presenting analysis and insights to clients in a range of settings including bilateral meetings and webinars, with senior level support as required.
- Attending industry forums and developing relevant contacts with regulators, policymakers and industry.
- Collaboratively shaping the value proposition, develop the business case and define the marketing mix model as part of the new product planning process
- Introducing new products to the market by securing regulatory approvals, publishing marketing material and conducting sales training
- Assessing industry movement and refine value based pricing post the launch of new products
- Providing sales support including presenting at client and prospect meetings
- Manage a portfolio of regulatory products
- Analyse new regulatory developments and assess for new product development opportunities and take new products from inception and design through to launch.
Working with Us:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, non-verbal and written)
- Proficiency in constructing/overseeing logical and conclusive presentations, distilling complex subject matter into management-ready materials
- Experience in a regulatory environment within the financial services industry, either at a regulator, trade association or within a bank or investment manager.
- An understanding of key regulatory changes as it relates to regulatory reporting in the UK, EU and internationally.
- An understanding of strategic challenges and trends in the financial services industry more generally.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to process large amounts of information and summarize it effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to liaise and build relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.