About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
Responsible for managing client relationships for institutional trust and custody clients. Utilizes knowledge of master custody services to provide clients with information and suggestions to add value to the relationships. Identifies opportunities to cross-sell products generating additional revenues. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manages client relationships for institutional trust and custody clients.
- Ensures that overall client satisfaction by facilitating efforts of service team, coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery and issue-resolution, and effectively communicating client concerns and needs.
- Develops complete understanding of clients of linets business objectives, goals and market challenges and ensures bank relationship plan is consistent
- Cultivates strong working relationships with client contacts. Demonstrates ability to add value by anticipating possible solutions and partnering with client to implement.
- Educates client on emerging issues, bank products and services, regulatory/tax changes, and the general institutional trust environment, advising the client of
- the impact on the client's business and on our own
- Cross-sells bank products/services and participates in development of solutions to
- client needs, coordinates presentations, brings in experts when appropriate, closes the sale,
- ensures smooth delivery of new services, and communicates emerging needs.
- Manages client profitability, understands competitive environment, develops pricing
- strategies, and works with team to enhance profitability.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Knowledge of trust or asset management and accounting usually acquired through related work experience is required to manage client relationships.
- Knowledge of general finance and portfolio management concepts acquired through formal education or experience is needed to consult on client needs.
- Skills in negotiation, delegating, leadership, and sales are necessary to service the client relationship.
- 5-7 years experience in financial servicing, preferably in trust or asset services.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.