Overview of Citi:
Citi is a world-leading global bank. We have approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. We provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. We enable clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi Belfast is one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland with a diverse and talented team of over 3000 people from over 40 different nationalities across our four Belfast offices.
We are the only global investment bank operating in Northern Ireland. Every day, our local experts interact with global teams in over 100 countries developing and supporting next-generation technology solutions for the enterprise and delivering critical services to the bank and its customers, to make sure we are a stronger and safer organization for our clients.
You will have a truly global reach, which will provide you with new experiences and development opportunities right here in Belfast's iconic Titanic Quarter. Team/Function Overview:
Our support team are well-established with a global reach. Members are located in multiple Citi sites based around the world.
We support 9 applications in the Custody UAT workspace that encompass numerous parts of a trade life cycle, from initial receipt of client trades to sending them out to their respective market and their responses back. These applications allow projects to be tested and signed off before being moved into Production for live use within Citi.
We continually aim to provide testing environments that accommodate our many test partners (both internal and external) alongside those of development who need to implement changes as business requires.
Expect to interact with numerous people on a daily basis whether it be from the aforementioned test teams, development or external parties the team have a challenging but rewarding work environment as we strive to provide the best for all. Role/Position Overview:
The Application Support Senior Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for a variety of activities including software deployment, stakeholder relationship management and providing solutions to recurring themes. The overall objective of this role is to ensure quality standards are being met within existing and planned frameworks in terms of environment stability. Responsibilities:
- Application release and patching.
- Complete environment readiness/health checks and supply status reports to our Stakeholders.
- Ensure system stability so environments are fully functional.
- Handling stakeholder queries in an efficient and timely manner.
- Communicating with and managing Stakeholders regarding system downtime.
- Maintaining End to End connectivity.
- Building New / changing existing environments.
- Liaising with 3rd Parties.
- Assessing requests for testing through environments and highlight any potential conflicts.
- Partner with business and development teams to identify engineering requirements and assist in defining application and system requirements and processes and maintain engineering relationships with the end user/client.
This role will offer you the chance to engage with many people from a very diverse background. It will at times stretch your skills of persuasion as we look to manage expectations of those people we encounter and also allow a chance to learn or improve on, compromise skills. Due to the nature of our role, we often need to have many individual groups in conversation and it will be your task to have them come to an agreeable compromise.
In addition to soft skills, you will get the opportunity to work alongside development partners to obtain knowledge from them regarding existing and new application enhancements. Our team also maintain a bank of knowledge that is shared with all members and built on as everyone increases their knowledge. We also work alongside our operational colleagues where you can learn the applications from their point of view.
As technology rarely stands still, when our applications require migration to new server platforms you will be able to be part of that journey. You will work with many teams within Citi that each hold their own specialist knowledge allowing you to leverage that knowledge and experience for yourself. Knowledge/Experience:
- Windows SQL Server (at least 2012 onwards).
- Transact SQL.
- SQL Diagnosis Skills.
- Experience working with MS Windows Server 2012 R2 onward.
- Windows Cluster principles.
- Use of ticket logging system.
- Software deployment tools.
- IBM MQ & NDM.
- Configuring and maintaining environment monitoring tools (ITRS an advantage).
- SQL Profiler & Query Analyser experience.
- Experience of supporting Test/Production applications on a Windows based environment.
- Able to take initiative and drive issues and projects to successful conclusion.
- Highlight improvements that can be made in existing processes and drive to completion.
- Knowledge of complex platform testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication being able to interact with stakeholders of various levels of seniority and knowledge.
- Good team player.
- Time management is key to this role and adjusting priorities as required is essential.
- You will ensure the quality of your work is consistently high and will be expected to escalate issues and risks promptly.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Good Communication.
- Drive to learn new knowledge and openness to share.
What we Offer:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience.
We work hard to have a positive financial and social impact on the communities we serve. In turn, we put our employees first and provide the best-in-class benefits they need to be well, live well and save well.
We'll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decisions, and allow you to choose which benefits suit you and your personal life best.
Visit our Global Benefits page to learn more.
Highlights to our core benefits include:
- Award winning pension
- On-site health services
- Private medical insurance packages to suit your personal circumstances
- Paid parental leave
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 Days plus bank holidays; increasing with tenure
Citi Belfast also champions diversity within our workforce, which helps us be well and live well together. We have over 40 different nationalities in our Northern Ireland offices, are a vocal supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, and are proud to have 47% of our leadership team made up of individuals who identify as women.
We encourage and lead inclusivity through our Pride, Disability, Multicultural, Families Matter, and Women affinity networks that are run by and for, Citi Belfast colleagues; providing them with the support they need in their personal and professional journeys and supplying them with the tools to help educate colleagues on all things related to each network to help us work better together.
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Technology ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Systems & Engineering ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting