About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
A vacancy has arisen in our Private Equity (PE) Operations team. This is a team of who offer a first class service to a large PE client and work as a close team to ensure deliverables are met.
You will be working as a key member within the investor administration team whilst providing additional support to the wider team that administers a large secondary fund client with an active investment portfolio.
Key components of the role include liaising with internal teams and the Investment Advisor, completion of cash management tasks, completion of all aspects of investor administration and dealing with ad-hoc queries as they arise, all within scheduled timeframes and ensuring that all client KPIs are met. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing a premier client service by building strong relationships with the Investment Advisor and any other third parties;
- Developing a thorough knowledge of your client and their bespoke requirements with regards to key processes;
- Working closely with the client to resolve queries;
- Working with other teams within NT to ensure delivery of client deliverables;
- To have a good understanding of fund administration business.
- Undertaking a daily cash management process in line with a cash management policy and actioning ad-hoc cash management items as and when they arise;
- Processing and self-reviewing FXs, as needed;
- Processing invoices on the client's bespoke system;
- Arranging for amendments to loan facilities, as required;
- Completion of client monies and bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Undertaking the investor call/distribution process from end to end;
- Completion of the investor transfer process;
- Processing investor contact and bank detail updates;
- Monitoring of investor audit confirmations;
- Dealing with investor tax reporting;
- Dealing with fund closings.
- Monitoring mailboxes, completing tasks assigned by the senior fund administrator or team leader;
- Support other team members with workloads and rotate tasks on a regular basis.
Company Secretarial Knowledge:
- Attending meetings with directors and writing minutes timely including self-review;
- Assisting the client and lawyers with the formation and set-up of special purpose vehicles;
- Adhering to constitutional documentation for ongoing entity operations;
- Ensuring that you comply with all controls and procedures outlined in the procedures manual and general company policies.
Risk Management & Efficiencies:
- To identify efficiencies and areas for improvement to reduce risk and become more efficient;
- Ensuring that technology available is being fully utilized in the most efficient manner;
- Working with technology to resolve any issues and improve processes;
- Working closely with legal/compliance to ensure all funds are in compliance with the relevant regulatory authorities;
- To ensure full and proper reporting to your manager of any operational issues;
- Where delays are expected to flag any service delivery issues as early as possible;
- Ongoing review of daily controls and communications of any new ideas or suggested procedural changes.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Previous experience as a Fund Administrator is preferred;
- Possess excellent organisation skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Have an enthusiastic approach and positive attitude;
- Be a team player;
- Have customer service orientation with a concern for quality;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Initiative to prepare procedures and checklists to assist others;
- Effective in the use of a variety of communication methods;
- Be computer literate with a proven ability to learn new systems and processes
- Industry knowledge - know various financial instruments, local regulations and laws;
- Business or financial services qualification or studying for same. This is not essential but would be an advantage.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.