The Wealth Management Trust Advisor role manages client relationships and delivers high quality fiduciary services. Partner assumes primary responsibility for overall client satisfaction as the relationship manager by collaborating with the service team and appropriate NT resources to ensure timely delivery of high-quality fiduciary service, issue resolution, effective communication of client needs to partners, and development of advisory relationship with client.
- Manages assigned account base of wealth management clients by working with clients and their professional advisors to develop a thorough understanding of the client's needs and goals.
- Working knowledge of governing documents and account agreements. Exhibits knowledge of fiduciary duties and applicable laws, including trust and tax law, estate planning techniques, financial planning, asset management and prudent investment principles. Seeks continued development of fiduciary and advisory skills through training and experience.
- Guides client conversations for life driven wealth management. Provides proactive advice to clients on NT's products/services, emerging issues, regulatory/tax changes, and appropriate actions for the client. Combines technical knowledge with fact finding and analysis to develop advice-driven solutions for clients. Explains complicated concepts to clients in a thoughtful way using non-technical terminology.
- Maintains a working knowledge of various NT resources and utilizes fiduciary knowledge, experience, and NT resources to identify opportunities for relationship enhancement.
- Focused client service with responsiveness, diplomacy and tact; proactive client contacts through written and verbal communication with suitable frequency.
- Exhibits excellent time management skills.
- Builds and maintains knowledge of NT fiduciary standards and practices, applies fiduciary knowledge and judgment to fiduciary relationships. Understands and complies with internal policies, processes and procedures to effect prudent risk management and judgment. Recognizes fiduciary risk issues and seeks appropriate resolution.
- Cultivates relationships with referral sources and centers of influence to build the business; identifies and develops new business opportunities.
- Teaches and mentors less experienced partners.
- Work collaboratively with internal partners and external professional advisors in identifying client needs and goals and developing advice-driven solutions for clients.
- Travels to meet with clients where appropriate considering revenue, new business opportunities, or servicing requirements.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Conducts preliminary analysis
- Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas
- 3+ years' experience in fiduciary servicing, in personal trust, estate administration or related fields.
- CTFA, CFP, Advanced Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of fiduciary and financial products and services, usually acquired through related work experience, is required to manage client accounts.
- Technical knowledge of investments, tax, legal, and operations usually acquired through formal education or related experience is required to service clients. Knowledge of fiduciary standards, principles, and applicable laws and regulations usually acquired through training, seminars, or law school is required to administer accounts.
- Skills in negotiating, problem solving, delegating, leadership, and sales are necessary to service the client relationship.
Salary range: $110,000-$135,000. Salary range is an estimate of base pay. Northern Trust provides a comprehensive benefits package, including retirement and pension plan contributions, health and welfare benefits, paid time off, parental and caregiver leave, life insurance, and other wellbeing benefits.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.