PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
We are actively seeking talented and motivated junior individuals to join our quantitative research portfolio management teams. We recognize that junior talent can bring fresh perspectives and innovative ideas to the table and are excited to provide a supportive environment for them to develop their skills and build their careers with us. We believe that by investing in our people, we can build a strong and successful research team that can drive our organizations' growth and success in the long run. RESPONSIBILITIES
Initially you will sit in PM-Analytics where you will work closely with Portfolio Managers and apply quantitative tools/models to the investment process. The group partners with both discretionary and quantitative portfolio managers across all asset classes. In this role you will work on a broad set of topics including risk analytics and valuation models across various asset classes and portfolio construction process. Technical tasks include performing econometric analyses of historic returns, building empirical and risk-neutral valuation models, applying macroeconomic research, or analyzing large sets of transaction data with a view to improving trade execution. REQUIREMENTS
- Quantitative Master's degree (financial engineering or other technically demanding program such as theoretical physics or math) with a graduation date of 2020, 2021, or no later than June 2023
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Relevant work experience (1-3 years) with understanding of general quantitative skills, specifically financial mathematics, probability, statistics, computer science, economics.
- Programming skills and numerical problem solving techniques; training & experience with Python, Matlab, SAS, C++, or other related language. SQL knowledge preferred.
- Analytical and logical focus, strong critical thinking skills, creativity in problem solving, good attention to detail.
- Interest & background in finance theory, especially portfolio theory, asset allocation techniques, option pricing, and asset pricing.
- Self-starter who is ethical, articulate, intellectually curious, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy and humble.
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 165,000.00 - $ 225,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.