About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
The Financial Crime Prevention (FCP) Change Implementation Manager will be accountable for delivering complex change across multiple teams including shaping processes, defining requirements, and driving operating model design as well as assisting with the organisation of the FCP Team.
This position is accountable for the implementation of the financial crime program to mitigate financial, operational, reputational, and regulatory risk. They will play a key role in stakeholder management of business areas and the co-coordination of the EMEA FCP Team Role Responsibilities
Key Capabilities To be successful in this role you will have....
- Basic knowledge of UK and EU Anti Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing, Sanctions and Fraud legislative requirements and regulatory expectations.
- Experience within a Financial Services or consultancy organization of managing small-scale projects and change initiatives.
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement changes to process and control documents based on operating change, regulatory change, information derived through risk assessments, monitoring activities and industry best practice. Overall, embracing a philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Assist in training and coaching business areas on all aspects of change and advise on queries from business as well as oversee Analyst(s) advising the business.
- Ability to identify opportunity for process automation and processes to minimise operational inefficiencies.
- Expert management of multiple meetings both internal and external (with a range of stakeholders) including issuing relevant documentation, managing action logs, note taking and presenting.
- Ability to organize internal team responsibilities, including new start program, directory, task tracker etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate at all levels of the business.
- Familiarity with financial crime risk issues, including familiarity with the risks associated with various products, customers, and jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with governance and compliance roles, including reporting to senior management and overseeing remedial action of breaches and errors.
- Understanding of the Asset Management Industry or a keen interest to learn.
- Knowledge of Audit, internal controls and/or similar oversight procedures would be an asset.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACAMS, ICA or willingness to study for qualification,
- Ability to coach and direct AML analyst(s).
- A strategic thinker who leads by example.
- Experience using Visio, PowerPoint, Tableau, Power Bi, Alteryx etc. beneficial.
- Ability to manage/triage stakeholder and department tasks with advanced use of smart workflow tools e.g., Microsoft Planner, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, mailbox, MI dashboards etc.
- The incumbent will be playing a key role in the design, effectiveness and oversight of AML processes and controls. In addition, the position will oversee and train an analyst(s) performing day to day financial crime controls.
- Creates process maps and develops operating manuals to support change embedding into BAU. Translates financial crime risks and policy requirements in a clear and simple manner ensuring requirements are understood and implemented.
- Play active role on the integration of the BMO GAM EMEA and Columbia Threadneedle financial crime functions.
- Instrumental in evaluation, development, and implementation of an internal control system.
- Manages activity around industry and legislative developments and continuously updates the financial crime process documents to ensure they remain relevant.
- Supports with financial crime regulatory compliance issues by documenting requirements (existing, new, and emerging) and identifying, analysing, and addressing resultant gaps and issues in process documents, including those raised through the review of change initiatives.
- Understands the identified risk exposures and manages action plans required to mitigate identified risks in a timely and user-friendly manner.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Assists in developing training materials to a high standard based on identified gaps and regulatory change.
- Engagement with the Risk Assessment, Quality Assurance, Supplier Governance, and product development processes.
- Participate in design and oversight of a control testing framework to verify successful execution of financial crime controls.