Overview of Citi:
Citi is a world-leading global bank. We have approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. We provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. We enable clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi Belfast is one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland with a diverse and talented team of over 3000 people from over 40 different nationalities across our four Belfast offices.
We are the only global investment bank operating in Northern Ireland. Every day, our local experts interact with global teams in over 100 countries developing and supporting next-generation technology solutions for the enterprise and delivering critical services to the bank and its customers, to make sure we are a stronger and safer organization for our clients.
You will have a truly global reach, which will provide you with new experiences and development opportunities right here in Belfast's iconic Titanic Quarter.
The IT Program manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). You will play a key role contributing to standards around which others will operate. This role will require in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinating and contributing to the objectives of the entire function. The ideal candidate will have strong communication and diplomacy skills in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. You will have responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. You will be involved in short-term planning, resource planning and full management responsibility of a team.
This role will be based in Belfast and will operate in a hybrid model working from home and in the office.
- Oversee all technology components of diverse, moderately complex IT program of work, including road mapping, project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality and cost
- Utilise expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure program goals and requirements are met
- Communicate with end-users to provide timely and accurate information and status updates
- Share responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for IT program/project leadership and other functional areas
- Evaluate subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions
- Apply in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of how areas of IT project and program leadership collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations
- Directly impact the IT program leadership area through responsibility for delivery of end results and shared responsibility for budget management; accountable for resource planning
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contributes to defining standards
- Persuade and influence others through communication and diplomacy skills; may negotiate with external parties
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards
What We Offer:
- Significant experience within a related technology project management role
- People management prior experience
- Experience of leading complex projects or programmes of work ideally from a financial services background
We work hard to have a positive financial and social impact on the communities we serve. In turn, we put our employees first and provide the best-in-class benefits they need to be well, live well and save well.
We'll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decisions, and allow you to choose which benefits suit you and your personal life best.
Visit our Global Benefits page to learn more.
Highlights to our core benefits include:
- Award winning pension
- On-site health services
- Private medical insurance packages to suit your personal circumstances
- Paid parental leave
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 Days plus bank holidays; increasing with tenure
Citi Belfast also champions diversity within our workforce, which helps us be well and live well together. We have over 40 different nationalities in our Northern Ireland offices, are a vocal supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, and are proud to have 47% of our leadership team made up of individuals who identify as women.
We encourage and lead inclusivity through our Pride, Disability, Multicultural, Families Matter, and Women affinity networks that are run by and for, Citi Belfast colleagues; providing them with the support they need in their personal and professional journeys and supplying them with the tools to help educate colleagues on all things related to each network to help us work better together.
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Technology ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Technology Project Management ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting