Description About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that crafts the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, and solving some of the world's most exciting challenges? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve sophisticated problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your outstanding skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
We invest and protect over $8 trillion (USD) of assets and have an extraordinary responsibility to our clients all over the world. Our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most sophisticated financial companies and being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions. Your Team:
Alpha Engineering helps BlackRock investment teams deliver market-leading performance (alpha) to their clients. We work with investment researchers to develop predictive signals and strategies that are traded on BlackRock hedge funds and other active portfolios. The services we provide range from: quantitative library development, model engineering, alpha platform development and investment technology R&D. People in the team are based in London, Budapest, Mumbai, San Francisco and Sydney. AGT's Investment partners include Active Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset Strategies, Sustainability Strategies, and the Risk and Quantitative Analytics Team. You are:
- Passionate about technology, with personal ownership for the work you do
- Curious and eager to learn new things, and willing to challenge the status quo
- Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and open to guidance from others
- Data and quality focused, with an eye for the details that make great solutions
- You sometimes make mistakes, but always willing to learn from them
- Passionate about building quality software and scalable technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- Building solutions for both BlackRock and over 100+ Asset Managers who use our platform
- We have strong Python expertise and work with a range of technologies such as Flask, Pandas, Azure cloud, Kafka, Angular and many others
- Committed to open source, and contributing back to the community
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on agile innovation
The team is looking for an ambitious hands-on software developer to work on an exciting strategic product to expand our Aladdin Platform. Working with a distributed team, you will be part of an outstanding group of engineers setting and evolving the technology direction for our internal developer systems and SDLC.
As a key member of our engineering team, you will be encouraged to bring your ideas forward to help craft the technical solutions. You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable communicating your ideas to inquisitive senior leaders.
This position pertains to full-stack Python development and will have exposure to industry-standard technologies, such as Python Flask, Pandas, Angular, GIT/ADO, Kafka, Cassandra and more. The role will also afford the chance to learn about the financial industry, specifically the sophisticated world of risk management, valuations, and operations. Responsibilities include:
- Design and build the next generation of the world's best Technology platform for various Investment lifecycle processes, Calculate Portfolio Risk's, Perform Portfolio Accounting, Managing Valuations, and Navigate Investment operations.
- Collaborate with team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment.
- Apply validated quality software engineering practices through all phases of development
- Ensure resilience and stability through quality code reviews, unit, regression, and user acceptance testing, dev ops and level two production support
- B.S. / M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject area with a minimum of 4 - 6 years' experience as a Software Engineer / Developer (Associate) and 8 - 10 years for Sr. Engineer (Vice President)
- Strong experience with Open-Source technology stack
- Experience with relational databases and NoSQL Databases
- Experience working in Agile Development Team
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.